Help - light tablet suitable for onenote?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by robcooper1, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was going to bring up the old HP TC1100 (3.1 pounds for the base slate, 4 pounds with keyboard attached, 10.4" screen with wide-viewing-angle options, Wacom digitizer, can be upgraded to 2 GB of RAM and 100+ GB 2.5" PATA HDD), but a CPU that maxes out at a 1.2 GHz Pentium M Dothan ULV and lack of native Vista/Win7 drivers probably scratch it off the list. (It CAN run Win7, but it requires a bit of work and Aero is completely out of the question.)

Battery life could also be an issue if you don't like juggling batteries. (2-3 hours per battery with moderate load is the estimate I have for mine.)

2. robcooper1

robcooper1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes....they have always used Wacom digistisers. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OQO.

The latest product O2+ also included touch so a dual wacom digitiser and touch screen. They got to the stage of finalising the product, demonstrating it widely, and taking pre-orders, then appear to have run out of money...a real pity since they really were unique. Now there is not a single active digitiser device under 12" that I can find.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. robcooper1

robcooper1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I hear ya, but that battery life and the weight is a show stopper for me...come on manufacturers, I would pay any price for a modern device like the Viliv S7 with an active digitiser!

4. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Inking on the P1620 and 1630 is fine. Not active quality but very close. Great palm rejection technology, good ink quality (no pressure sensitivity of course) and a very light touch considering it's a passive digitiser. Hard to beat as a portable inking machine. Not fun to type on though and the speakers are rubbish. I also had an Acer 10" active tablet (still do) and the inking is a bit beter (due to the pressure sensitivity not the digitiser type) on the Acer. The Fujitsu is better in every other way though.

I do wish people who've obviously never used one of these for more than 30 seconds would keep their opinions to themselves rather than trashing them sight unseen.

Gordon

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually, the Oqo 2+ got rid of the active digitizer in favor of only passive.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.