Help!!, I need your reviews and suggestions

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by ChippieMeg, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChippieMeg

ChippieMeg Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, so heres the problem, I'm looking for a tablet pc, but there are no electronic stores around the area that I can go into and test them out, so I am relying completly off of reviews and web pics, which is a major downfall.

so some criteria i'm looking for:

I would like a screen bigger then 14'' if possible, because 12'' does seem a little small to me, but I'm not completly sold on the Gateway cx200 series. But since this would be for school, I also don't want something as big and clunky as the Gateway widescreen model, or as heavy.

It should have at least a 1.6Ghz processor.

At least 60Gb HD or upgradable to that.

and I would prefer ones that are upradable to at least 1Gb of ram.

Price isn't a huge issue, if it is going to be something that is everything I want, then I'll pay the price.

2. NJS

NJS Pen Pal - Newbie

Toshiba's new models are 14.1" but are widescreen too, and the R20 you can customise for 1GB ram ect. You also have older toshiba models like R15, M4 which are 14" but not widescreen. But if you dont like big and clunky tablet's than a 12" might be better for you. Like the Fujitsu T4210, or other ones with are 12" too.

3. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It looks like the Toshiba R20 / R25 or M7 are excellent candidates for your needs. You will need to decide between dedicated (M7) or integrated graphics. (R20/25). The Gateway models are also contenders based upon your criteria, but if price is not an issue, you may be best going with the Toshibas.

4. ChippieMeg

Thanks guys, Checked into them, and the M4 and T4210, are now what I've got it narrowed down to.

5. ChippieMeg

Sorry, I've got another quick question, what are the major differences between the M4 and the M400.

6. DragonFlame

DragonFlame Pen Pal - Newbie

M400 has integrated vid card and 12 inch screen
    M4 has a dedicated card, uses the older Pentium M's (Dothan's I think) and has a bigger 14 inch screen...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.