Help! Fujitsu T5010, Windows 8, and Pressure Sensitivity in Adobe Illustrator CS5

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Cornelius Bubba, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Cornelius Bubba

Cornelius Bubba Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everyone,

There have been a lot of posts about Windows 8 and pressure sensitivity, but I'm not sure they address the issue I'm having.

I recently bought a used Fujitsu T5010 that came with a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro. When I installed Adobe Illustrator CS5, and I went to add a new calligraphic brush, the option for the brush to be "Pressure" was grayed out and I could not select it, meaning that the brushes I can use are not pressure-sensitive.

However, in Microsoft Fresh Paint, the pressure sensitivity works just fine! I'm not sure if this is a driver problem, or Illustrator CS5 problem, but I never had this problem when using a peripheral Wacom Bamboo Capture tablet. The pen driver that is installed is from 2010, and is version 3.1.1.2.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Thats because Fresh Paint is handled by the windows driver, not wacoms wintab driver.

Make sure you have the most recent windows 8 WACOM tabletPC driver on your system as well. Uninstall any wacom drivers thoroughly first, then try installing :
    "Tablet PC - Enhanced Graphics Driver 7.1.0-8" from Wacom's driver page. IF that didn't work, let us know.

3. Cornelius Bubba

Cornelius Bubba Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks stoneseeker, it worked! I installed the latest drivers from Wacom's site, and started a new comic yesterday. Thanks so much :)