Help for New User

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by HWilliams, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HWilliams

HWilliams Pen Pal - Newbie

Just purchased HP TX1410 and I'm having problems getting the drawing function to work in OneNote. I want to be able to draw simple drawings and then put a textbox next to the drawing for text input. The problem I have is when I start to draw the line starts skipping (series of dots appear instead of a line) and if press the stylus harder or go slower then the line starts shooting off in all different directions. Has anyone else ever experienced these problems? If so, is it a problem with One Note, Vista, or my stylus. I also noticed that some people have mentioned a hover option. My stylus does not hover at all.

Also, if OneNote is the problem does anyone have any suggestions on another program to use. I own a flooring company and want to be able to do a quick sketch up that can be emailed back to my office.

Thank you for any help/guidance,
    Hayden

2. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

imho pasive digitizers are useless for anything but clicking
    writing and drawing is too poor

3. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

Certainly it being a passive digitizer doesn't help.
    If its a new machine, there is a bedding in time, after which the drawing ability improves.

You need to ensure you aren't applying any pressure elsewhere on the screen, such as with your wrist. The pen needs to be applied quite firmly.

Be sure to check that you have calibrated it in all four orientations!

4. HWilliams

I'm going to show my ignorance here, but what do you mean by a passive digitizer?

Thanks,
    Hayden

5. HWilliams

Forget my last post, I was able to find out the difference between passive and active.
    thanks for the help,
    Hayden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.