Help! Best Tablet for my needs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by freakpbr17, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freakpbr17

freakpbr17 Pen Pal - Newbie

ok I was thinking about getting the gateway M-285 with these upgrades Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2600 (2.16 GHz, 667MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache). 2048MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2-1024MB modules).ATI Mobility™ Radeon® X1400 64MB Graphics featuring Avivo™ display technology.80GB 7200rpm Serial ATA hard drive.

Ok I will be using this for some intense games and a lot of gaming. Also would be using this for a lot of animation, note taking and anything else for school. I would also be downloading music and clips or whatnot. Also would be watching dvds. Would this be the best bet for my needs as a tablet or is there a better option for me. Best performance is a must and money is not an option. I could not find a tablet with amd processor so is there any better tablet for my needs or is there one coming out very soon. I start school on july 17 and i know it take about a month to get it made and shipped to you so I need help fairly fast.

2. BrianFL426

BrianFL426 Pen Pal - Newbie

i think the m4 has a better video card. the 6600 go with 128mb

3. Mike_Check

Mike_Check Pen Pal - Newbie

does Avivo mean liek teh ATI version of MXM?

Mike Check

4. marbles

marbles Pen Pal - Newbie

A 64MB graphics card is not going to play games. Thats really really low spec.
    Get anything with a 128mb card at least, the Geforce Go is a great card.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Depends on what kind of game you want to play....

Sure a recent 3D 'shoot-em-up' will have to have a lot of settings knocked back but an older one will play just fine on a 64MB card

6. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

Lol you don't know what your talking about man

Less memory just means you have to run at lower resolutions, doesn't mean the game is going to bog down.

7. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Mike_Check,

ATI Avivo Display Technology features an enhancement to images and video, on displays, to offer ". . . PVR, HDTV and next-generation HD disc capabilities with vibrant, sharp images, and the smoothest video playback ever offered by ATI." It's like the comparison of watching a widescreen DVD movie on a regular TV versus an HDTV. For devices like the PSP or iPod; it converts video through a video convertor to have the correct format to view on such devices. There are more features that it includes, see the site listed below.

For more information, see the ATI Avivo Overview Site.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. Jerome

Jerome Pen Pal - Newbie

Not necessarily. 64MB generally will not play any modern games and the game will bog down considerably.

That said, are there any tablets with 128mb cards? As far as i knew they haven't been developed yet?

9. jadam

jadam Pen Pal - Newbie

My 6200 with 64mb dedicated can run Oblivion... Granted its at 640x480 but thats due to the low mem, otherwise it runs decently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.