[HELP] Active Pen Right Click in Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by mrpentastic, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpentastic

mrpentastic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Guys, I need your help asap!

I bought a pen enabled windows 8 laptop today and I cannot figure out how to disable/enable the right click functionality for the active pen. Currently, out of the box, the right click only works when you click on the button on the pen and while holding the button down tapping on the screen with the pen. I would like to disable/enable this so that the right click works simply by clicking on the button while the pen is hovering the screen. I checked the pen/touch settings panel, but could not figure it out.

Please provide instructions, thank you!

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That's the way it's designed to work. I don't know of a way to hover right click. Anyone else?

3. mrpentastic

mrpentastic Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I know its possible because I got it to work on my Lenovo yoga (Returned) a few weeks ago... Unfortunately, I can't figure out how I did it :(

4. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

If Right Click was working on Hover on your ThinkPad Yoga then the digitizer wasn't calibrated correctly? Did you ever test that you could "ink" without touching the screen? I've used Tablets since the beginning and I have always need to touch the screen, I typically use Press and Hold for right click...

5. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi mrpentastic,

On my ep121 (Wacom, Win7 64bit), the hover right-click settings is in Control Panel -> Pen Tablet Properties (this became available when I installed a Wacom driver (I'm now on 7.1.1-16, but it also was present for earlier drivers)). I don't know if it will be the same in Win8 and/or with more recent Wacom drivers. If I launch Pen Tablet Properties, in Advanced there are two Side Switch Modes, either Hover Click or Click & Tap:

hover right click.JPG

JoeS likes this.
  6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

It has been so long since I've installed the Wacom Driver on the my machines I forgot they had that in there, not sure if it is in the new version as they added the shortcut "flick menu"

7. tijo

tijo Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes it is, it's definitely available in the latest version (confirmed on my 2760p).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.