Hello - TX1000 Touchscreen Drivers on Win7

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by tx1000 User, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tx1000 User

tx1000 User Pen Pal - Newbie

I've recently just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, and it's running smoother than when I first bought the computer. Everything is fast and I managed to get most of the drivers.

Due to some circumstances, I had to do a clean install. Luckily, I had my files, but not any drivers.

HP's website gives no drivers, and despite their claims that they are pushing towards Win 7, it's just a push to get people to buy new PCs. They have very no real support for the TX series in Win7. I've been suggested N-Trig Drivers, EGalaxy Drivers, and Touchkit drivers, but none work, and HP doesn't seem to have actually released anything.

Is there any way I can continue to use my touch screen in Windows 7? There's no way I'm reverting back.

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It looks like the TX1000 has a n-trig passive digitizer; the best info I saw when taking a look around was this thread HP pavilion tx 1000 - HP Support Forum; look it over entirely, try what it suggests, and see if it works for you (it should work, but, IDK for sure)

3. tx1000 User

I saw that thread and it helped out a lot with other things. But for some reason the N-Trig didn't seem to work.

But alas, I'll try again.

Thanks.

4. tx1000 User

"Install Shield Wizard completed.

Fatal Error during Installation

N-Trig Hardware was not detected on your system."

It's not that I don't have the touch capability either. It worked in Vista, and it recognized that I had it with the EGalaxy drivers, although it would only stay in the corner.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

6. tx1000 User

I tried this as well, and it doesn't work either.

This one at least recognizes the fact that I have a touchscreen, and will respond when I touch the screen, but doesn't really work. The problem is that when I touch the screen, it jumps to the top-right corner. Every time I touch it, it's as if some force is pulling it back to that corner. Also, it cannot go below the top 3 or so inches of the screen.

When I try to calibrate the screen, it just doesn't respond at all.

My touch pad still works fine, and when I touch it, its as if it suddenly releases and lets me move it around freely again.

In device manager, it finally recognizes the touchscreen, as a "USB Touchscreen Controller (Universal), under the Mice and other pointing devices listing. It also will tell me that my drivers are up to date.

7. DRTigerlilly

maybe you should see if Drivermax can identify it.

8. tx1000 User

DriverMax indicated that it was up to date.

So it mut be the right driver. It's the only one that's recognizing that I have a touchscreen at all.

But why is it dragging to the corner automatically, and why doesn't it respond during calibration?

9. DRTigerlilly

would have uninstalled & deleted the driver, and see what Drivermax would have located as the correct driver....

have you tried playing around with any of the actual Windows 7 settings? truth be told I haven't played around w/ one of these on Win 7 only Vista & XP.

10. BurningRed

BurningRed Pen Pal - Newbie

I remeber there is a driver, but I forgot I also did a reinstall on my tx1410us a dozens of times, the current OS I have now is windows 7 utlimate for netbooks, but I could not use the touchscreen at all or fingerprint reader etc. I remember using Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and having the touchscreen working and the fingerprint reader, I don't know if this information helps you or not. All I know is it is out there. Hope :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.