Heat Problem with Fujitsu T4210

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by TabletX, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Checked your power management options yet? It should not be set to "Best performance" - leave it at "laptop" should be fine. In that mode the laptop chip adjusts its multiplier ccording to CPU load, should run much cooler.

If it's still too hot for you try an underclocking/undervolting utility, such as this one: http://www.pbus-167.com/

On battery mode my 4210 is slightly cooler than a warm water bottle, just perfect for my laps in an air-con room =)

2. syfer

syfer Pen Pal - Newbie

hello, i use HDTemp but i haven't been able to monitor the CPU temperature, and I've been looking around for one but haven't had any luck. I used NHC before, but it keeps telling me that the CPU temperature is at 26 degrees celcius which is very wrong... lol, so if anyone could recommend a CPU temperature monitor that works with the T4210 please let me know.

Thank you

3. kureshii

26 deg C is the indicated thermal zone temperature... actual core temperature is different and says something else altogether. Give NHC another go =)
    [​IMG]

4. Fentonius

Fentonius Pen Pal - Newbie

Kureshii, when you say check you power management options, can you say if you're on XP or Vista and if on XP which utility you mean. The only thing I can find is "Power Options" which adjusts when the screen/hd etc get turned off, and within that I can't see a "best performance" option to avoid

Thanks

Peter

5. kureshii

I'm on XP... didn't downgrade to Vista, thank you very much =D

By power management I'm referring to "Power Options" in control panel (make sure it's set to portable/laptop and not, say, "always on" or "home/office desk").

I am also referring to the in-built settings in NHC, which are namely Dynamic Switching, Max Battery, Battery Optimised and Max Performance.

Basically, any setting which forces your laptop to run at 100% most of the time is not a good option.

6. Fentonius

Fentonius Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for clearing that up kureshii, I'd never used NHC before so I've had a look and it's very interesting - though all the settings are already pretty much optimised as you'd expect. No magic bullet there then!

Cheerio

Peter

7. T-MAC6

T-MAC6 Pen Pal - Newbie

i think 4 hours is good!

8. kureshii

Yup, that's one of the great things about it; not much to set up =) Pretty much the only things you'll want to do after installation is customising the GUI... I personally find everything except the battery indicator and CPU load bar quite irrelevant.

After that if you're daring... you could try setting lower voltages. Don't make big changes at a go though.

9. magwee

magwee Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, my new T4220 also heats up very quickly. How do I find out the temperate of the tablet ??

10. kureshii

Well, that would depend... which part are you referring to? The CPU or the hard disk? These two components are the usual big sources of heat, and NHC has separate temperature sensors for them. Hard disk for, duh, hard disk temperature, and ACPI for CPU temperature (click on "show ACPI temperature details")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.