Heat Problem with Fujitsu T4210

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by TabletX, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namrog84

namrog84 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think some people are just spoiled by older computers
    I recently had got the Fujitsu T4210 and was curious about this so called "heat problem" everyone was commenting on

I got it, ran it for a few hours, including holding it in my arm
    It felt EXACTLY like it was supposed too, and how i thought a computer should feel.

Computers nowadays = heat
    There is no way avoiding that.
    If you dont want heat, get a slower computer...

Room temperature is 25-28C so if your running lower than that, then you have a sensor that is not properly measuring the right temperature.

There is a major problems nowadays with heat and computers, and if you dont know that, then you really need to read up on whats going on in the computer world.

Next, if you do have a higher end computer that does not appear to be generating heat, then several things may be occuring, The processer and other components are running at reduced speeds and just not letting u know that, and may have access to run at higher speeds when needed, most computers do a variation of this.

2nd, if the heat isnt coming out to where you can feel it, perhaps its trapped inside somewhere damaging your components? I'd rather feel the heat, then my components feel the heat.

3rd, go complain to R&D to help finish and productize a new form of computing that possibly wont generate as much heat.

2. rob1116

rob1116 Scribbler - Standard Member

The thing about Fujitsu intending for the T4210's case to be a heat dissipation medium is halarious... the same could be said of any case in which heat is not removed fast enough. lol... if you can feel the heat on the case (with my 4210, I most definitely can), then the case is dissipating heat, but don't tell me they 'designed' it to do that - it's the heat's only option! :)

BTW - I am in love with my 4210, and Fujitsu in general... but I don't get it when owners of a certain product insist on defending it to the bitter end.

and Namrog: I am a computer geek myself, and yes, I am aware of the recent struggle between heat/power and performance... but this is a tablet PC forum - i.e. different expectations. Most of these people are not asking the impossible... after all, the M400 is spec'd identically to the 4210 and runs much cooler (too bad it's a Toshiba :).

3. onesaint

onesaint Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL ! My wife has complained about the heat of my 4210, I think its funny. you Win a Few & you loose a few. The T4210 Looks great, swivels both ways , and has a ton of other great Features. its hot but We t4210 owners get suede for that! I think lm going to look into the leather cases for My heat issues.

namrog84, maybe you could explain how to get a peltier into tablets for those who dont understand Moore's law, electricity, and heat.:D

4. jackeroo75

jackeroo75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys-

I got my Fujitsu T4210 3 weeks ago and loving it. I also, noticed how extremely hot it can get. I mean seriously, I can feel the heat not just at the bottom but top, side...everywhere like its about to become a fireball.

Jackeroo75.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

jackeroo75, do you have any ideas what the temp is running at?
    One indication for checking heat is 'HDDLife Pro' by Binary Sense Ltd.
    This not only checks your hard drives health status and performance but also the temperature.
    An excellent little tool.

Another is 'HDDTemperature' by PalickSoft'.
    It's much smaller but again gives the temperature of your hard drives.

6. hongda

hongda Pen Pal - Newbie

It would be interesting for people to report what their configuration is and also if they are running off of AC or battery. There are several posts in this forum indicating that the heat is more prevalent when running off of AC and when 2 stick of memory are installed.

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well I'm currently running off battery power and have been so for the past few hours..
    The CPU is running at around 7 - 12%
    The temp inside is around 24c and my T4210 is reporting a hard drive temp of 47c
    It's been like this now practically steady.

8. mech

mech Pen Pal - Newbie

This tablet looks like its for me, I have some questions

Who manufactures the HDs used in the T4210?
    What is located near the hottest part of the tablet?
    Has anyone had a look at how the thermal compound was applied to the heatsink, is it the gel pad?

I was just wondering if it was possible to remedy some of the heat issue.

thanks

9. hongda

hongda Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the preconfigured system with the 1.8 Ghz processor (middle model) and it shows the HD as

Fujitsu MHV2060BH

10. mech

mech Pen Pal - Newbie

i guess I should have assumed it was a fujitsu HD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.