Heat Problem with Fujitsu T4210

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by TabletX, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

Just install a fangui program and you can fiddle with the fan to your hearts content...provided that the fujitsu fan can be controller by a software driver.

i would rather have a quiet computer and hot computer than a noisy computer and cool computer.

2. bruin13

bruin13 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been working with the T4210 for a few days now. I also noticed the heat issue. Seems like it is much worse when attached to the cord. But if you go to the power management control panel and select the battery max mode, the laptop seems to run cooler (when running off of batteries). Also, I seem to be getting 3 hours of run-time while in this mode, screen on 3 lowest brightness setting, and surfing the web. Anyone with similar results?

3. DaVuLf

DaVuLf Pen Pal - Newbie

3 hours is good I think.

PYROTAK: Have you seen a fangui program? I searched google, but couldn't find one. I'm on a 4020D. My fan never runs. :S

4. PYROTAK

I don't know if there is one for the fujitsu...but traditionally some third party usually makes a fangui program for laptops.

I know that all dell laptops have some fangui program that some user made for them and I think it works with toshibas too...

not sure what the story is with fangui for fujitsus though.

edit: apparrently fujitsu laptops don't have anything that monitors HD and CPU temp so there are no fangui programs. thats pretty lame of fujitsu.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just because Fujitsu don't have a 'Fangui' program to monitor heat as is found on the Inspiron 8x00 machines, does not make them lame.

Other developers don't use Fangui but instead leave it to the customer to use third-party software like HDTemperature (which Fujitsu can also use).

6. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Who needs to monitor heat? Fujitsu has an outstanding service agreement and warranty!

7. PYROTAK

clearly you didn't read my post carefully. perhaps i used an ambiguous reference, but what i meant was that its kind of lame if i cannot monitor my CPU temps. unless I am wrong and I can in fact monitor my CPU temps, then my statement stands. from my cursory research, apparrently fujitsu machines have no hardward cpu temp monitor which effectively means that there is no ability to program a meaningful fan contoller application; however since fan noise really isn't an issue anyways its kind of a moot point.

hey what can i say i like being in total control and in the know, bwahahahaha.

8. NewbieX

NewbieX Pen Pal - Newbie

My T4210 also gets pretty hot. Sometimes I worry I might burn something if I touch the wrong area.

Why do the Fujitsu machines run at such high temperatures?

I held a friend's Thinkpad today and it was barely warm. The Thinkpad was basically at room temperature.

9. solsavr

solsavr Pen Pal - Newbie

I asked that question to Fujitsu tech support, they told me that the case design is actually part of the heat-syncing of the unit (absorbs the heat), and feels warm due in part to this design...

Does this sound right?

10. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That is so correct solsavr.
    This is backed up further in the way Fujitsu uses the bottom of the case in adding the 'suede' to cushion the external heat buildup.

It's nothing at all to worry about... If you monitor the internal temps you will notice the fujitsu runs at around 45-55 MAX, high but still well inside the safety margins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.