headset advice

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by maycool, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maycool

maycool Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to buy a headset for may PC.
    But I don't know which one fit me.
    just listenning music, and play games

2. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would recommend -above all others- to get the Sony MDR-V6 headphones. You truly have not heard your games, movies, and especially music until you've heard them on these puppies. Sound quality is simply stunning on these, and they really are the top quality headphones in every way of the meaning

One of my brother's stupid friends bought the "Beats by Dre" (made by "Monster", which happens to be the company that makes crap products and charges more than twice the value) and thought they were the best... until he broke his Beats (really cheap quality) and heard my Sony's (which actually are comfortable to wear all day, made out of metal, and leather)

If you would like to talk to your friends over a game chat, or something similar then just buy a little USB microphone and set it on your desk.

Here is a comparison of the Sony MDR-V6 (by a Audiophile website, so you know it is accurate) -Impressions: Sony MDR-V6 Vs. Sennheiser HD-280 Pro - Head-Fi.org Community-
    Here is a link to Amazon (with a accurate price, and lots of reviews) -Amazon.com: Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil: Electronics-

PS: do NOT buy one of those Bose headphones, they may seem really comfortable at first, but they break extremely quickly, the sound quality does not actually come close to comparing with these Sony's, the pads become uncomfortable after short periods of use, they also become "degraded" quickly. plus for the Bose price you can buy 2-3 of the Sony's and give them to people you like :)
    PPS: The Sony MDR-V6 is the only Sony product I have ever respected or admired (I think everything else they make is absolute crap, IMO)

3. only.you

only.you Pen Pal - Newbie

good info..
    thanks

4. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have 2 headsets I use depending on what the situation is. For mobile life, skull candy full metal jackets, but only if u pick them up from marshals or tj max fora lot less than full price. Microphone and multi function button is built in. Sound supprisingly good

Now when I want to listen and feel my music. Nothing beats Westone um2. Cept maybe some um3s. Crystal clear. Natural. And able to rattle your brain out of your head and super efficient. Pair them with a set of foam tips or if you got the money get some ear moulds then order the customs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.