Heads up, peeps! 27QHDs

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by thatcomicsguy, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Marty That's actually a pretty good idea!

But first: I'm testing out an i5 MobileStudio Pro I hope to review before the end of the week...

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

:vbeek: another bomb...

I thought you said you weren't getting one! :vbtongue:

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's what we all say........at first

Marty likes this.
  4. surfaceproartist

I found a local shop that had a ton in stock. They will buy the Companion 2 if I decide to sell it and I figure I can unload the MSP16 for close to retail if I act quickly.

So far I like the MSP but I'm not wild about its performance. Display is very powdery and the springy pen takes getting used to. Overall, I don't notice a difference in pressure levels and getting to maximum pressure (per the Wacom driver) takes too much effort.

Marty likes this.
  5. Marty

Finally, somebody who's actually putting the machine through its paces...and who's critically examining the actual pen differences. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing. I'm just sayin'...as a premium art machine, you have certain expectations about performance.

Can't wait for your review, Rick!

6. darkmagistric

Wait a sec....you have a local shop.....as in a physical store.....that has MSPs in abundant stock....and they would even buy a used CC2? What wonderous store is this?

7. surfaceproartist

Mac Hollywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. darkmagistric

Figures a cool store like that would only be in Hollywood. Wish they were a national chain.

It's cool that they sell the MSP despite it running Windows. We had a similar store in NYC (that sadly closed down months back) called Tekserve and it was like an unofficial Apple Superstore....but they were literally the best place in the city to demo a cintiq since the had every cintiq model on Floor/Demo with full creative software installed, like photoshop. B&H photo is the only other store I've seen in NYC that had cintiqs... but they only had like one model (22HD) and no demo-able software to use.

However Tekserve was strictly Mac/ios/OSX only and they would not carry the Cintiq Companion line or even the hybrid....it was like strict Mac usage or bust with them.

9. Marty

Man you guys have it good down there. In Canada, you're basically buying blind through special order.

Even then the shipping could be slow, like it took about 2 months for my 22HDT to arrive, and that was considered a well-stocked product!

10. surfaceproartist

Mac Hollywood is on Sunset Blvd., right next to Vine and is surrounded by production companies and animation houses. They rent hardware to productions which often need dozens of machines for only a few months. I asked the manager if it was weird for them to carry Windows tablet PCs and he responded with a "what are you going to do" shrug. He went on to say that the Cintiq Pro will be much more popular for their clientele, although the first batch of top-of-the-line MobileStudio Pro 16s flew off the shelf.

Their demo unit of the MSP16 had Sketchbook, Photoshop and ZBrush installed.

darkmagistric and Marty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.