Heads up, peeps! 27QHDs

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by thatcomicsguy, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

WillAdams, darkmagistric and ATIVQ like this.
  2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

On the one hand I'm happy...on the other, I worry that this is a pre-cursor to the launch of a 4K 27" model...

Curse my tech obsessiveness. :D

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm so crazy I would have bought one if it was a touch. B&H has a refurbished 27QHD Touch for $1995.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm more surprised that Wacoms got that stash of Refurbed 27QHDs somewhere in Edison NJ....that's like a 10 minute drive for me. Cue the mission impossible music as I go Cintiq heisting in the night.

nnthemperor and kvoram like this.
  5. Marty

:vbeek::vbeek::vbeek:

I'm guessing you just wrote that post on your super gorgeous 28" Surface Studio screen (probably with a Pen in your hand :vbtongue:).

You truly deserve your own "Tablet Fanatic" title on this forum...

surfaceproartist likes this.
  6. surfaceproartist

Actually I've spent the last couple days on an old fashioned VR-ready PC trying to get my head around Unity development with the touch controllers. For a change of pace, I was just watching A Christmas Story while sketching on the Companion 2. It's great for drawing but I'd never noticed how poorly the on-screen keyboard works. Took ages to write this just now.

7. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So if the number of available units drops faster than the number of sold units, we shall assume that the mission was successful... :thumbsup:

8. Marty

Cool! I didn't know you were a 3D developer!

So hypothetically, if you did get a 27QHD, what would your setup look like? Studio as the main and 27QHD on the right (with maybe your favorite tablet of the moment on the left)?

I think it would be interesting for your readers to do a blog post on your desk setup and thoughts on optimal tablet workspaces. :)

9. surfaceproartist

@Marty to call me a 3D developer is a major overstatement. I'm a lifelong frustrated illustrator who discovered that focusing on hard surface modeling I could make cool images that satisfied my creative impulses without requiring too much talent.

I have serious issues with impulse control, so I never considered where or how I might implement a 27QHD in my overcrowded office, I just thought it would be neat to have one for a "bargain" price. I'm also not too hung up on ergonomics, so you wouldn't want to take office design cues from me.

10. Marty

You know, looking at some of the inking you do, I think you're selling yourself short...

You've probably got a lot of ideas and latent talent stored up over the years...have you considered starting a comic just for fun?

It could be like a running test/creative project, where you do a page on each of the new tablets you buy. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.