HDMI output to Sony Bravia TV

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by GPBenton, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPBenton

GPBenton Pen Pal - Newbie

I am trying to use the hdmi output from the stand to output to a Sony Bravia TV.

If I up the screen brightness, and set certain backgrounds, I can get a signal, but its not very stable. It keeps flickering, and then the screen goes blank, as if it had lost the signal. A second or so later, it reappears.

With a dark background, the display does not appear at all.

I am using the same cable and input to the TV as a working Tivo, so I don't think that is the problem.

Are there any adjustments I can make for hdmi output? If not, can anyone recommend anything to boost the hdmi signal?

2. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

A guess: set the Power profile to "Balanced", then plug the device to the power outlet. Perhaps you need to re-install the GPU drivers.

3. GPBenton

Thanks, but changing the 'Power Profile' doesn't seem to make much difference. I had the power plugged in all the time.

I have discovered that setting the background to a picture actually makes the display stable, but the moment I have too much solid color in the display, say by maximizing an application, the TV starts trying to synchronize again.

Running Videos has a similar unstable effect. I'll try reinstalling the driver next.

4. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmmm, I never had trouble with HDMI, yet.

Have you tried a different cable? Preferably a very short one.

5. GPBenton

I have tried another of about the same length (4ft), and it didn't make a difference. Could a shorter length make a difference?

6. Flaco05

Flaco05 Pen Pal - Newbie

It may. Those ElCheapo HDMI cables often times do not make good contact. I have trashed a couple myself.

7. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

Be careful with the HDMI cable you buy. You might just need a shorter one...or maybe a different one. You certainly don't need a $40-plus cable. Don't capitulate to "Monster" cables. I have a cheap 24-ft cable that cost me some $15-$20 from Monoprice. Works fine on my TM2. Your original cable might be defective. Or perhaps your tablet... :(

Please, once you find the solution, come back and let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.