HDD and CPU temperatures on Fuji T4215

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Rieuk, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

To all FujiT4215 owners,
    What is the temperature your hard disk is running at (in laptop and tablet mode)? CPU?

I am using SpeedFan to monitor it, and it says my HDD is at 44 degC. Searched online and found the average was supposed to be 40, min 33 and max 49. I'm a bit concerned by this... if you don't already have software to display sensor readings then you can get SpeedFan, it's quite free.

I also noticed the fan speed dramatically increases after a while when in tablet mode (I guess because of the screen insulating the case). Does anyone else notice this?

Thanks guys

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Don't fret Rieuk.... 44°c is quite acceptable.
    My Fujitsu Siemens T4210's sometimes operate safely up to 50°c

Okay, it's not ideal as it does generate more heat and the battery gets hit a lot more due to the excessive heat.
    Just try to keep the vents clear of anything that may increase further heat.

3. uhoo

uhoo Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed SpeedFan but I can't get HDD temps. Just CPU temps. And they're consistently 50 - 52 C (with the little 'flame' icon next to the temps). Should that be cause for worry?

I've done all I can to keep it cool. No obstructions, it's on the port replicator, so it's slightly elevated for better airflow, and it's sat right next to an open window with temperatures outside in the teens.

4. P8RSON

As said, I occasionally get temperatures up to 50°c and they don't give me any concerns but to have this at a constant 50-52°c when outside the temperature is in the teens is not normal.

How long does it take for the temp to reach 50°c?

5. uhoo

uhoo Pen Pal - Newbie

The temps are always hovering around the 50-53 degree mark. As I'm typing this Core 1 jumped to 56 degrees. The window's open and it's freezing.

6. P8RSON

That is NOT natural.......
    Is the fan cutting in..... can you feel hot air being blown at from the side vent?

7. Freeman

Freeman Scribbler - Standard Member

No, it's Core Duo are generally hotter than Core2, if you want cool or dead silent, try Pentium-M.

8. uhoo

uhoo Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, the fan is almost always on. Before I started using the dock, the power cable ran down that side and it got very, very hot because of the hot air blowing across it. Even now, I have a USB cable that's about 15cm from the vent and it's warm from the hot air. The fan is very quiet though.

Freeman, I thought it's the Core2 that generally runs warmer? I'm not asking for cool or dead silent. As P8RSON has said, it just doesn't seem normal for the tablet to run so hot.

9. P8RSON

What about the processor?
    Have you checked under the Windows Task Manager to see what percentage of activity the CPU Usage is showing. Is it always running high?

10. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Well for the record, here is what I see on mine:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.