Having problems transferring Brushes/Workspace to latest CSP 1.6.8

Discussion in 'Artists' started by neongolden, Nov 30, 2017.

1. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey guys, I've been out of the CG loop for over a year.

I uploaded my CELSYS_EN folder back in late 2016-ish, planning to use it to transfer all my settings whenever I got my replacement computer. It was my understanding at the time that all the settings are contained in this folder, and you just needed to overwrite the new folder with your old one after a fresh install of CSP.

So I just replaced the CELSYS_EN folder in Documents, but nothing's happening. The workspace is still just the default layout; neither my window layout nor the brushes seem to have transferred.

Any ideas as to what's wrong?

2. neongolden

Hey, I think I solved it --- Sorry about that.

Basically I just had to take the folders in that aforementioned CELSYS_EN and paste them in the new folder, simply called CELSYS, in the same Documents folder. I realized that folder contained several directories with the same name. Now that I replaced them, all my brushes are showing up.

I don't know if that means the entire CELSYS_EN directory is retired, and I could just delete it, but I'll leave it alone for now as I'm not hurting for space yet.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  3. neongolden

Actually, nevermind.

I shut down the computer after solving the problem this morning, only to return late this afternoon to find CSP had blown everything away and reverted back to one of the default states -- all my brushes, everything. Meanwhile, the CSP cloud is trying to download around 1500 files in some synchronization attempt, asking me not exit out.

Most baffling is that copying the folders no longer works. Overwriting them has no effect anymore...

I also just tried re-installing CSP and repeating the same steps to no avail.

This almost smells like a REGISTRY issue, at which point I'm at a total loss of what to do.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. neongolden

Final update, hopefully: I just got it back. I'm not even entirely sure how, but I think it had to do with OneDrive, crazily enough. I didn't realize it had linked itself up with the Documents directory, apparently as some default measure since the computer is new... I shut OneDrive down completely to desync it, this time leaving nothing but the old CELSYS_EN folder in the directory, and now it's working.

This time, I registered the **** out of the workspace as soon as it booted via "Reload," lol. I also "registered it as a material," just in case that somehow helps or otherwise makes it more trivial to retrieve in case something else goes wrong.

Sorry to have bumped this thread all day long.

5. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey neon, CSP 1.6.8 uses a different preference file structure than 1.6.2. Setting will not transfer over, so you have to manually rebuild, ugh. :( I keep a zip file of my 1.6.2 "CELSYS_EN" folder and another zip of the 1.6.8 "CELSYS" unified folder.

In fact, CSP did this switch around 1.6.6, it's just that the international version doesn't get updated unless it's a "major" rebuild. The JP version has had about 4 months to adjust to the new format. (As always, us gaijin are an afterthought :p, but hey we get CSP at 80% off sometimes, whereas the JP guys only get rent-to-buy. ;))

neongolden and thatcomicsguy like this.