1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Having Issues with Original Pen

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by bodhijames, Apr 25, 2012.

1. bodhijames

bodhijames Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

My EP121 started to act nuts on me yesterday. I was using the stock pen and it would think that it was engaged with the screen about a half and inch away. If I was using an app for writing, I could write on the screen without the pen making contact.

I had a spare that I purchased a while back. Gave it a try and it works perfectly. The stock pen still has the issue.

Has anyone experienced this before. Any type of battery in the stock pen? Do they have a "shelf life" then just stop working correctly?

thanks for any input,

BJ
  2. Steve S

Steve S Scribbler - Standard Member Super Moderator

<<...The stock pen still has the issue...>>

bod: Try removing the pen nib and then gently but firmly re-installing it. It sounds like your nib is stuck in the depressed position...
  3. bodhijames

bodhijames Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the suggestion. That did the trick!

BJ