Have you RMA'd your battery?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by scrambler, Nov 7, 2007.

?

Have you RMA'd your battery?

1. Yes, I have RMA'd my battery

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. No, I have not RMA'd my battery

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. junglejo

junglejo Pen Pal - Newbie

I RMA'd my battery a week ago to Asus UK who promised me another battery within a week.

Guess what? They failed to deliver, I rang them up and they said that they don't have the R1F battery in stock and they've had to order one from Tiawan.

No apoloigies and the woman I spoke to was very offhand and said that it may well be several weeks until I receive one.

So I'm tied to mains power at the moment and not very happy.

You'd think a large company like Asus would be more organised.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Without a shadow of doubt.... ASUS UK have one of the worst Support Centre's in the IT business.

Not once have I trusted their judgement or advice..... Yet go over the pond and you get a better outfit of support.

3. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'd really like to know how Asus staffs these positions or are if they outsourced.

It's amazing how good their service can be in one place (Canada) and how crappy they can be in another. (UK)

4. P8RSON

Their basic problem is no one from ASUS appears to bother in sorting out any Customer feedback.

If they were to appoint a Manager who liaised between Customer Care/Technical Support and ASUS Head office to fed information back, they could then sort out these problem areas.

As such, all they are bothered about is sales and meeting spreadsheet forecasts.
    Little is given back to ensure their present Customers remain ASUS Customers.

5. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

Good News!

Last night I was playing a game of Tropico in bed and the game sucked me in so sooner than I realised the battery had crept to the 10% mark. Normally this would result in a crash of the battery and 5% more wear. This time? Well, it showed the low battery warning and nothing else. I could turn the Tablet of without problems and recharge it in the morning. No biggy.

Let ASUS fix your main board and your (battery) problems should be solved.

6. cristikka

cristikka Pen Pal - Newbie

HI, i have RMA'd my battery a couple of week ago and the asus support take me a new battery... now at three weeks of distance my new battery has 35% wear level!!!! how is it possible??? how can i do? thanks to all

7. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

*To minimise battery wear, don't let your battery run below 30%
    *As Niles says - RMA your main board (mother board?) and your battery problems should be solved

8. P8RSON

Agreed.... Whenever possible I always recharge my batteries if they fall below 70%.

9. Bogie

Bogie Pen Pal - Newbie

Sobbing..
    My battery used to have 2 hours on full performance..it is now only 50 minutes or less.

Can I RMA just the battery, just send the battery to ASUS? or do I have to send the whole machine? I want to use it in the meantime , still a lot of works to do.:(

10. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

Call them explain why you need a new battery, and ask for Advanced replacement.
    They will give you an RMA number and point you to an Advanced Replacement RMA form. You just fill it up and fax it back to them.
    They will send you a new battery, and when you get it, you return the bad one, no need to send the laptop.

But do not Email them, call