Have any of you bought a refurb unit from the Fujitsu ebay store with cosmetic blemishes?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by trialdownloader, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctodd111

ctodd111 Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally purchased a new T730 off eBay for $1250. I also purchased a 128 gb ssd and I plan to install it as soon as the computer comes (hopefully early this week). My question is this: does the t730 come with recovery discs? If it does, would I be better off doing a clean install of Win 7 anyway since I am replacing a conventional hdd with an ssd? I have no problem doing a clean install (I have a full version disc of Win 7 Pro), but using a recovery disc would probably be quicker and easier. Any insight would be appreciated.

2. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, you are better off re-loading it. Personally, I prefer using a vanilla win7 disk. The factory install/recovery disk have a lot of unnecessary programs (like the shock sensor utility), that I just end up removing anyway.

3. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you mean that the hard drive is still protected by the shock sensor even if the utility is uninstalled?

Fujitsu also advertises its own "Fujitsu menu" (I may not remember the term exactly) as a convenient applet to collect all common tasks at one place. Is this a useful feature as advertised?

Thanks!

4. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

I think if you are using a conventional HD the shock utility is still necessary. The user I responded to was installing an SSD, with I also do with all of our 730s, making the shock utility obsolete.

The Fujitsu menu is another thing I don't bother with. I guess it could be useful for some people. AFAIK, it doesn't do anything you can't do elsewhere.

5. tabletdummy

tabletdummy Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.