Have any of you bought a refurb unit from the Fujitsu ebay store with cosmetic blemishes?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by trialdownloader, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trialdownloader

trialdownloader Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm a girl, actually, but lol. If anything goes wrong you can always do a system restore.

So anyways, you should have 5 or so temperatures. I don't have any fans under Configure>Fans either. I think that's just for unidentified fans you want to name.

You should go to Configure and just stay in that first temperature tab and adjust the warning and desired temps for each location. Once you check Automatic fan Speed in the main program window, Speedfan will try to reach those desired temps. Careful with the other programs though, since they might interfere. If this helps keep the temperatures down don't forget to make Speedfan startup with windows.

2. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Thank you very much. I will try those suggestions and let you know. (I never hesitate doing things that "a girl told me to":eek: :D

3. trialdownloader

No problem. :) Be sure to report back if it helped.

4. lovelaptops

Will do. Won't be for another week though (see below). Have you received your T-730 yet? If so, spill please:) Which screen did you get? Unfortunately my first one blew a mobo and I had to send it back but I loved using it before it started overheating and died, which is why I have the interest in Speedfan to begin with. I also find the inking to be excellent on it, though, most of my "drawing" is restricted to letters and numbers, lol. :D Thanx again.

5. trialdownloader

Have you read all the previous posts?
    I received it and thoroughly described it's condition and any problems I had with it. How did u think i was obtaining temp readings for it? lol
    I got the 300 nit brighter screen if I didn't mention it.

But anyways... I've solved most problems and have been left with 4 permanent ones.
    - I don't have the youcam software. (But I never use webcams so it's fine.)
    - There is one stuck red pixel followed by a trail of dimmer stuck blue ones, but its impossible to see them anywhere but on a black screen and even then they are hard to spot. There's also a piece of dust but I barely noticed it yesterday.
    - SAI won't recognize my pens pressure. This is the bigger problem as SAI is my main program for inking (as in lining a sketch in art, not writing), but it seems like a common unfixable issue. I'll just have to settle with taking some extra time doing lines in Photoshop. I'll miss SAI's line smoothing/straightening, but I can cope.
    - The right click doesn't well... make the click sound sometimes (but it does click), and the space bar sometimes doesn't... space. lol But I always use a mouse and I've learned to add more pressure to the space bar.

Oh and for everyone else, since this has become the 'solve problems on refurbs' thread, I found a weird solution to my lack of the fingerprint software. For anyone that wants to know...I have strangely solved it by installing and uninstalling the TrueSuite trial. It's left the fingerprint data in the system so I can log on through the main log on screen but nothing else. It's very strange really, and I won't be messing with it anytime soon because that's what I wanted it to do, and I'm afraid it's just a bug that's caused it to act like this.

6. lovelaptops

Be nice, please.
    I have not kept perfect track of every individual's purchases and descriptions. I am over 55 and the short term memory cells are in short supply.;) I viewed your lovely artwork and you have a blog on that site that said you were anxiously awaiting delivery of your machine (I get it, old post, but it seemed recent to me) and I just went from there to a comment back to you. Might have been assuming you had an older Fujitsu and were telling me readings off of that.
    Be nice, please. :)

7. trialdownloader

Wasn't trying to be mean. Sorry, just thought it weird that you hadn't read the previous posts, since you'd been following and replying to the thread quite frequently. There's a post were I reported it's condition like a week back or so, but it's fine, I get confused as to who is who sometimes too and I have to look back at old posts. That journal/blog on my deviantart website is a few weeks old, I haven't had time to update it. Thanks for complimenting my art, although... it is a bit old, only did two or three things with a tablet, and that was the old tx. Never owned a Fujitsu before this. I gotta say, I'm in love with it in the end! I'm already working on two art pieces. :)

8. lovelaptops

No harm done :)

I agree with you that these Fujitsu tablets are really nice products. Fujitsu itself is a little scary in it's need for TOTAL CONTROL, as I have learned in trying to get a service manual - they are held as "top secret, classification required", lol and likewise for most information about what is under the hood in these machines. I'm used to HP, who virtually tells you how to build/rebuild your computer from scratch. All seems normal until you look for a piece of info, such as in your case, why it won't support SAI's line smoothing. Can't imagine what oddity of circumstances causes this. Have you tried calling their tech support about this? Would be interesting to see if/how they would be willing to help. Is this feature known to be unsupported by certain hardware/OS configs, or is it just a flukey thing about the FJ? I have found about 5-6 little flukey things of my own and they are minor, but completely beyond reason as to their cause.

Hey, but while we're connected, can you please tell me - I have worked on this twice now and it eludes me! - how the heck do you get Speedfan to run with your startup programs? I tried getting msconfig to find it but, no soap. This really is a terrific utility and I have successfully set it up to maintain temp levels, but it seems to disappear upon re-booting and I have not been able to find anything in Speedfan's understandably limited help text (it appears to be the work of one person, entirely - wow, that is really great) about getting the program to run at startup. If it turns out that the way to do this is printed in bold CAPS all over the program, please help this aging human to discover the obvious. :D

Many thanks. BTW, what made you choose this handle on TPCR.com? Just curious, it's unusual. Ciao.

9. trialdownloader

I usually don't like controlling companies (cough...Apple...cough) and I'm used to Hp's ways also but I've grown knowledgeable enough to find the info I need, and Fujitsu might irritate me when I need a spare part or something in the future, but I'm sure it won't happen since the build quality is superb. Plus they're not as controlling as Apple, so we're good. As long as stuff isn't controlled much software wise I'm happy.

Speaking of software the problem with SAI has been reported several times, and so has this new problem with Photoshop forcing GPU settings to basic I discovered yesterday. The SAI has something to do with Wacom, while the GPU thing is the Intel drivers that are always having problems. I don't think any of it had anything to do with Fujitsu (Well except maybe them using an Intel graphics card) but everything runs smoothly, I just need a bit more RAM.

Oh it doesn't have an option for it in the program. You have create a shortcut on the desktop than drag it to the start menu, hover over all programs, go down to Startup and move it in there. This should work. I don't have it running on startup because I just installed it to check temps. I minimized it and it was just running this week without my knowledge, that's why my temp readings might have been low.
    If this method doesn't work for you there are plenty of others... Start Up Programs W7 -I'm assuming you have W7...

I like to download lots of trial software. I think I've tried about... 20 painting programs, etc. and for some, like Adobe Photoshop, you have to put an email so that became my email. The inbox is filled with junk, etc. I don't like it going to my normal email, and when I signed up here I wasn't thinking of posting much, so... yeah... otherwise I would have used something different.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. lovelaptops

Wow I guess that answers my question as to where you found a platform other than WACOM to use SAI software and have the line smoothing work!.

Thanks again for the Speedfan help. Wondering why mine seems to run a bit hotter than others' though this one is not nearly as bad as my first one, obviously, and Speedfan puts it all under excellent control. This one may just run hotter because it has a Core i7-620 vs. i5-520 and it has a larger HDD spinning at 7200 rpm sitting right next to the heat exhaust (good for lowering internal temps, but makes the air coming out of the vent blow fairly hot to the touch.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.