1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Tips for completing basic tasks are here. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Has anyone used the Thinkpad 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with a non-PC device?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by Triple_Dude, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Triple_Dude

Triple_Dude Aspiring Artist

I'm talking about this particular keyboard:
    ThinkPad Tablet 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with Stand - US English | Lenovo | (US)

It contains both the Trackpoint (yay!) and, of course, the new Island style Thinkpad Keyboard.

I'm thinking of getting this keyboard to use with my BlackBerry Playbook (so I don't have to carry around both a BT Keyboard and mouse), but I'm wondering if the Trackpoint will work as a Bluetooth mouse, or if a special PC-based driver is necessary for it to work, and thus making it inoperable on a non-PC based device.
  2. kortsi

kortsi Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm interested in this as well. But I'd like to use it as a standard bluetooth keyboard/mouse for my livingroom PC (running Ubuntu). Has anyone been able to use this thing with a PC? Without any "special Windows drivers"?