Has anyone tried the AES stylus of Wacom with an X2 12 Pavilion?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Jorari71, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Jorari71

Jorari71 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello!.

My brother has brought a X2 12 Pavilion and here in spain HP brings its own stylus, which is a crap. He can't write, point and much less try to paint with it.

I would have ask them not include and save more money.

The questions are:

a).-Anyone has been able to buy the new Wacom's stylus 2 in 1 Smart stylus for Windows tablets?.
    b).-Has anyone tried the new Wacom's stylus 2 in 1 Smart stylus for Windows tablets?.

I've called by phone to HP customer sercice and they have added me to a emailing list which will notify me when they have for selling.

As you can see, this superstylus isn't still available (but I have my doubts about if it has been for sale anytime before):

http://www.wacom.com/en-es/products/stylus/bamboo-smart-for-select-tablets-and-2in1

If I can't buy this stylus I won't buy the X2 12 Pavilion: I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT as a professional illustrator/painter.

Thanks in advance.

Jose.

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I imported one from Japan.

It almost, but doesn’t quite work on my Toshiba Encore 2 Write 10 — it seems that for once, Wacom means it when they publish a compatibility list.

I’m hoping that a driver update will make it work. Hope springs eternal.

3. Jorari71

WillAdams, and how did you import your stylus?.It's hard when your domain is detected by the webbrowser.

4. WillAdams

5. Jorari71

But this stylus was/is in its list of compatible devices your Toshiba Encore 2 Write 10 or did you buy it trying to desperately have something useful in your hand instead of the horrible stylus that HP brings itself inside its package?.

I wanna mean that if Wacom lied saying that your device was in their list of compatible devices?.

thank you very much WillAdams for the link.

Jose.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  6. Jorari71

But this stylus was/is in its list of compatible devices your Toshiba Encore 2 Write 10 or did you buy it trying to desperately have something useful in your hand instead of the horrible stylus that HP brings itself inside its package?.

I wanna mean that if Wacom lied saying that your device was in their list of compatible devices?.

thank you very much WillAdams for the link.

Jose.

7. WillAdams

No, the Toshiba was _not_ listed as compatible on Wacom's site.

I bought the Bamboo Smart hoping to replace the too-slick aluminum Toshiba True Pen (the Bamboo Smart has a textured lacquer finish) and to increase the too-short hover distance (that seems about the same).

See the thread: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/posts/469455/

8. Jorari71

Thanks for giving me this thread Will.

But, did you buy it only for the aluminium feeling?.

I tried the Surface Pro 4 stylus in an m3 processor and with Fresh Paint the stylus worked like a charm, it was awesome.

I can't understand how HP sells this fantastic tablet X2 12 which pretends to compete against the Surface Pro 4 with such a crappy stylus. As a professional artist I can't do ANYTHING with the synaptics stylus which HP brings with the tablet.

Kind regards.

Jose.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  9. WillAdams

Currently my Toshiba TruPen is covered in blue painter's tape so that it's not so slippery that I can't hold it --- if I could swap internals w/ it and the Bamboo Smart, I would.

I was also hoping for increased hover distance, but that was an idle wish.

10. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

check out the Cube i7 , I think it's a better device for art (if you want an affordable option) , and the HP pavilion x2 12 is better device for note taking

the cube i7 is cheaper and smaller , and it use the normal EMR wacom tech , here a link for the device on a website that ship globally , and this is the device thread

and this is a video review for it