has anyone tried corel Painter 12 with the TF810C ?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by michaelws, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am looking to buy this tablet...even though I have read that there are no drivers for the pressure sensitivity outside of Sketchbook Pro and a couple of other programs. I will be getting this to use primarily with Painter 12. I know that it will not be a powerhouse compared to the Fujitsu 902...but I am happy with what the Asus EP121 is able to do. So if it can just equal the performance there and have longer battery life then it will suit my needs.

I was just wondering if anyone here has used this tablet with this program. Thanks

2. michaelws

I guess there are not too many Painter users on this forum....hmmm. Darn. Would love to have some feedback on this issue.

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I doubt it'll be same experience as the EP121. You are talking about i5 processor vs an Atom. Even though the clovertrail is a huge improvement over the last generation atoms, I wouldn't have my hopes that high up. But in response to your question, sorry I don't have the Corel painter to try. Hope someone does though. Happy New Year.
    Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

4. michaelws

Thank you very much for the reply nnthemperor. So I am assuming the Atom is not close in power to the i5. Thanks again and Happy New Year to you also.

5. tissot

tissot Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, atom in raw power can't touch i5. But it's so much about the piece of software and what are you going to do in that program. Vivo Tab should have no problems with sketching and taking notes while still offering slimmer hardware and longer battery life over core devices.

Here's a video showing the difference. ATIV smart PC got hardware wise (all the way to wacom digitizer) is almost identical to Vivo Tab.
    Samsung ATIV Smart PC vs Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 vs Fujitsu T902 - YouTube

And Happy New Year indeed. :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. michaelws

Thanks tissot...just finished watching Shog in that video. Learned a lot. He mentioned the pro version of the Samsung ATIV that was gong to have an i5 and 4 gigs of ram. I will have to check that out. Thank you again. Most of what I want to do with the tablet and painter is not large high res work with large memory hog brushes like the airbrush...but if it just means waiting a few more months to find a more capable tablet then it would be worth it.

I have the old Fujitsu T5010 and Painter runs fairly well on that. The T902 looks nice but right now it is still too expensive for me.

Thank you again

7. michaelws

Well I just broke down and bought this tablet. Just moments ago. I am grateful for all the comments and links you guys sent me. I know there will be limitations as to what I can create with this...but I boiled it down to my need to have something totally portable...that I could take everywhere and sketch. I know there will be lots of things coming down the pike but I got compulsive. My fingers are crossed. I got the just the tablet right now...and a square trade 3-year accidental insurance policy and two 64 gb micro sd cards.

I might shoot myself later...but I think I am going to be able to really make use of this tablet. Now I am going to pack up my Asus EP121 and put it up for sale. Maybe even my Fujitsu T5010. I still have my old Cintiq 21UX on my desktop and also an Intuos 4 with my Asus G75V which is a real workhorse. So I have those two for more memory intensive paintings.

I will post my experience with Painter 12 once I get this. If I get real adventurous I will post my first ever youtube vid using it. I am not even sure I can do that...the youtube thing that is.

Anyhow..thanks again to all of you who replied here.

8. michaelws

I just canceled my order after reading further about the lack of pressure sensitivity for the programs Photoshop and Painter. It will do me no good whatsoever if there is no pressure control for the brushwork I do for those two programs...especially for Painter 12. A little disappointed. I hope they rectify this soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.