Hard disk space for extensive use of OneNote?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by crh35, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crh35

crh35 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm getting a Lenovo X200 next week, and I intend to use it with OneNote to take notes/record lectures in my graduate classes. What I really want to do is get an SSD to throw into my tablet, but all I can afford really is an 80 GB drive at current prices. I don't intend to load up this computer with anything other than productivity tools, but I'm wondering how much space my audio recording will consume? I don't want to run out of room on a smallish SSD, no matter how fast it is. How much space does an hour of recorded audio take up, does anyone know?

2. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Sorry can't get you figures (google?) but 80GB storage should be plenty (Windows+Office etc. will be less than 20GB); you could always archive it off say once a week to an external drive.

3. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

You can always configure the quality of your audio recording from onenote and set it to a setting that accounts for the space that you have available. Personally, I have a 120gb drive with notes for about 42 different courses and I have never even reached the 5gb mark. I don't use the audio recordings, but my gf does and she has never even hit the 5gb mark either. I'm sure 80gb is more than enough for a productivity tablet.

4. crh35

crh35 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks, folks. Intel X-25M G2 80 GB now ordered and on its way! I can't wait! Now if UPS will just hurry up and get my tablet out of China...:mad: