handwriting software

Discussion in 'Software' started by ToddLarson5, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freemen11

freemen11 Pen Pal - Newbie

How well do say the Tecra M4 and TravelMate 314 do with understanding typical handwritting? Transcriber on my PPC messes up too often for large amounts of note taking (classroom). Is the software on the tablets any better? Thanks for your time!

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The handwriting recognition on theTablet PC is a world of difference compared to a Pocket PC. The handwriting recognition is about 99.5% accurate for me and I wouldn't say I have the "neatest" handwriting.

3. ToddLarson5

ToddLarson5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here, its very accurate, i do though have one problem, is there a way to train the computer to recognize certain letters that i write differently then some people. For example my Ks are regularly mistaken because it seems even though in the end the letter i write looks like a K, i write it in a certain way that the computer doesn't recognize. Is there a way to tell the computer... This is how i write a K, so it will be prepared for the next time i do write a K?

4. lovellpcl

lovellpcl Pen Pal - Newbie

I must admit that I was rather impressed with XP Tablet's ability to recognize handwriting. It's certainly far from perfect, but I don't have any major problems. This is my first experience with handwriting recognition software, so I have nothing to compare it to. When I write, it seems to be pretty good at deciphering my handwriting, whether it's cursive or print. My only complaint is that when I print, it sometimes can't tell if I'm printing in lower case or upper case.

5. ToddLarson5

ToddLarson5 Pen Pal - Newbie

So is there a way to teach the computer the way i write a certain letter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.