Handwriting in another language

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Hiro, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiro

Hiro Pen Pal - Newbie

One of the things I wanted to do with the tablet was handwrite and have it automatically typed sometimes.

In terms of English, this is cool and easy. However, I just found out today that in order to "handwrite" in another language you need this "Multilingual User Interface Pack." Sounds okay at first, but then it turns out I need Windows 7 Ultimate in order to handwrite in another language.

I really think this is silly! Is there any work around? I don't want to pay the large cost to upgrade for a single feature since I don't need XP emulation and professional/server tools.

Or should I "get" another copy of Windows Ultimate (if you know what I mean, but of course not implying it). It should also be noted that I'd prefer not re-installing Windows because I don't want to mess with re-installing drivers since I have seen many others have problems with it.

The language I prefer is Japanese. For those who do have Windows Ultimate and some Japanese proficiency, does it also include Kanji input?

--Thanks!

2. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member