Gvido a dual screen e-Reader for music sheets

Discussion in 'eReaders' started by Kumabjorn, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Guys this is news, but I noticed that it is almost exclusively admin that posts there so feel free to move to a more appropriate place.

A Japanese company is now selling an e-ink device with dual 13.3 high res moebius screens specifically geared towards sheet music, yet it comes with 8 GB of RAM, which makes me guess that sheet music in digital form are huge files. And if that is the case wouldn't it be possible to run regular Android or maybe even Windows on a device like this.

Seems to me that a device like this should have a huge potential market outside only musicians. It also supports Wacom pens.

You will find more on www.gvido.tokyo

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

ATIVQ, Marty and WillAdams like this.
  2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

With Wacom EMR too!

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Good luck to them, hopefully this will do more than just display sheet music. I really love the dual-display book form factor. Gonna be super expensive with two 13.3" displays. Other companies have been trotting out e-ink Wacom EMR tablets, they're really nice products, but when you can have an e-reader for $99 people are disinclined to shell out $1000 for the benefit of a pen.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Too be honest I don't think the company has anything other than their Japanese home market in mind. And here parents will gladly shell out $1,000 for their kids violin or piano accessories.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

siddhartth likes this.