Guide: Getting your tablet working with touch toolbars

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Takanu, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh damn, i just read through the posts again and I didn't realise this was a profile-specific problem, as I saw someone else commenting about having this issue with their Surface Pro 3 on the CHOMP Toolbar. At some point I will play around with my own touch profile, but I don't know how far I'll get in finding what can trigger it, and what the other variables are for. I presume theres some way in a script that you can fix this though?

2. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it a normal behavior when I'm using the pen and the hand holding the pen is touching the screen, these docks ignore any other touchinput?

Edit: Found the answer myself. The script is of course just listening to the touch x/y-values specified in the profile. I can make it work to listen to the 2nd touch but not at the same time. Now someone with enough brain needs to modify the script to make it work with 2 or more touch-inputs :p

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

At least on my device, it works with two or more touch inputs, i'm pretty sure it has to do with some of the unknown variables of the touch profile. I know some people have done a lot of work to increase compatibility of various tablets, and I would love to see their input and understand what they're doing :3

4. pundt

pundt Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Takanu. I wanted to try setting up a touch profile for my x230t but it appears that the scripts you put up on your dropbox are gone. I was wondering how I could get a hold of those or if you could reup them.

Thanks a ton for all the work you have done with this btw, I am currently testing between a Surface 3 and a x230t for my ativ tab 7 replacement and I gotta say, the CHOMP toolbar is working great on the Surface.

5. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Don't waste your time. User incrediclint and I did tons of work in getting a touch profile working for his radial menu. We found out that on the x230t all, I mean ALL, touch events get blocked once the pen is near the screen. That makes it impossible to make pen+touch possible. Sorry for raining on your parade.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

6. pundt

pundt Pen Pal - Newbie

Really? Oh man thats a pretty big bummer. Drawing on this thing is great but the touch toolbar seems pretty crucial to sketching on the go. Think I might be siding with the Surface 3 now that the toolbars are working for it.

Do you typically use the Radial Menu for your x230t?

Thanks for the reply!

7. ron2k_1

Yeah. Sucks big time!

Yeah. The radial menu or lblb's toolbar are the next best thing. In the absence of pen+touch at the same time, it has toggle functions. That is, press a button (say, Alt key) and it'll remain down/activated until you press it again. It'll hamper your productivity but it's the next best thing other than an ArtDock or Keyboard.

8. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Whoops, ill find where they are and re-upload them, sorry about your X230t issues though, D:

EDIT - They have been re-uploaded, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  9. kellyuxd

kellyuxd Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, is there something I can edit to enable simultaneous pen+touch in Windows 8? I'm using custom toolbar on Vaio Flip 15 (TouchKey is not an option for my hardware).

10. ron2k_1

Have you liked at Radial Menu in the software sub-forum or at CHOMP toolbar?