Guide: Getting your tablet working with touch toolbars

Discussion in 'Artists' started by Takanu, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice to see that someones been able to create a touch profile for their device using the guide, thanks for posting the touch profile. The purpose of TouchIDMask and TouchIDMinimum are still a mystery, as they seem to have no impact on a touch profile. They might be needed for specific models only, but when looking through the code they seemed to be a key element in the processing of data for the script regardless of the profile.

Thanks for posting the touch profile, i'm going to add it to my touch toolbar so other people with a SP3 can now use it :D

2. thewish

thewish Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Takanu,

I would also like to extend my gratitude to you for posting this awesome breakdown! Also many thanks to VertPusher for describing the process he went through to get the docks working for the SP3. Using a combination of the 2 I have been able to finally get these awesome docks working on my Thinkpad Yoga! Small note for those who aren't tech savvy at all, such as myself, when using the RawInputControlTest_Diagnostic_Tool, underneath the 'Raw value:' heading there is another that reads '?????:' I kept changing the Offset X and Y values until these numbers began to correspond with the resolution of my screen. ie, from the top to bottom of my screen the values would increase from 0 - 1080 and from left to right would be 0 - 1920.

RawX: 3520 - DC0
    RawY: 1980 - 7BC

Thinkpad Yoga Profile:

#Profile:Thinkpad Yoga
    FirstByte=0x01
    MaxX=0xdc0
    MaxY=0x7bc
    OffsetStat=1
    TouchIdMask=01111100
    TouchIdMinimum=0
    OffsetX=6
    OffsetY=10

Same as with VertPusher, some of these values are most likely incorrect, but I have tested this profile on a bunch of different artdock variations using the original code from Koide and all the functions are working great. Thanks again for everything!

3. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice to see this guide getting some use, thanks for the information on how to use the Input Test Diagonstic Tool. When I have the time I will update the guide to reflect this, I would ideally like to make it pretty and in some portable PDF format as well, but university work C:

Thanks for posting the touch profile, I'll add it to my CHOMP Toolbar :)

4. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the guide, I was able to get it working on my T902.

Here's the profile:

#Profile:Fujitsu Lifebook T902
    FirstByte=0x0c
    MaxX=0x0b7a
    MaxY=0x0675
    RawDataSize=80
    OffsetStat=3
    OffsetTouchID=2
    TouchIdMask=01111100
    TouchIdMinimum=0
    OffsetX=6
    OffsetY=8

cleft likes this.
  5. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

ArtDock goes functional on the t902. @stoneseeker must be excited about this.

stoneseeker likes this.
  6. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem, thank you for posting the resulting touch profile! I'll have this added to the CHOMP Toolbar in the next update :D

7. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Takanu,

Thanks to your guide that I'd be able to rebuild a profile for the ThinkPad X201T upon updating Wacom Feel driver. Still I don't suppose if you could look into a problem I'm having. As soon as I pressed and release a button, the button sent its hotkey normally but then was stuck at touch event permanently. It seemed release event could not be recognised, thus making it impossible to press any buttons after that. Could it be possible that I missed something in my profile?

The profile is as follow

#Profile:Thinkpad X201 Tablet (defalut)
    FirstByte=0x08
    RawDataSize=91
    MaxX=0x7ff0
    MaxY=0x7ff0
    OffsetStat=1
    OffsetTouchId=13
    TouchIdMask=11111111
    TouchIdMinimum=1
    OffsetX=19
    OffsetY=21

Thank you very much.

8. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Hey cleft. These are almost similar to my x230t. But, what happens on your machine if when using example 2, you touch the screen with the pen first and then your play around with your fingers on the screen while making contact with pen? On my machine the HID example 2 gave me no output. None whatsoever, which means that when the pen is near, my machine completely blocks Usagepage 13 and Usage 2 (my touch HID). So completely blocking touch may mean that these kind of tools are not possible!

How did you get the OffsetTouchID of 13? On my machine 19 and 21 worked as well but. But they don't work if you swipe from the middle of the screen to the right or left edges. Sweeping that way should give your max X OR Y res (if sweeping to the right or bottom. If swiping to the left or top then it should return 0 for X if swiping to the left and 0 for Y if swiping to the top). But those 2 offsets only work when sweeping to the bottom right corner. 19 and 15 worked better for me.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  9. Takanu

Takanu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, thanks for posting the current profile. From my limited tests, I found that I could make buttons stick much more on my VAIO Duo 13 by changing the OffsetTouchID. With the current profile setup they can stick on rare occasions, but on the whole it's fine. Play around with this variable, and if it doesn't solve your issue then I currently don't have any other suggestions sorry, there's still some things I need to work out with how TouchKey works.

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Stormi, do you mind recording a video or taking a picture of how it all looks set-up on your T902? I'm trying to imagine it. I've never used auto-hot-key before, but the case is still that you have to lift your pen to touch a button and then place the pen in range after your finished right? Modifiers like holding shift or space are still out? Those are the ones most important to me.