Guide: Enabling Wintab Compatibility on Synaptics Penabled Devices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sonichedgehog360, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Prophacy

Prophacy Pen Pal - Newbie

I also have an HP spectre x360 13-4xxx. I can confirm the driver at the top of this page works to get pressure sensitivity working in older windows programs (wintab) I use it for Gimp.

(edit:) the dell active stylus should work with no extra steps needed, just put the battery in and touch the screen (end edit:)

When Microsoft did the (windows INK Space) update, My Dell active stylus and digitizer became completely dormant (NO RESPONSE AT ALL) much like you describe in your post.

The newer versions of the x360 are switching to Wacom AES. It's my belief that the inkspace update assumes ALL spectre x360 are using the Wacom AES and loads incorrect drivers that clash with synaptics. (I cannot confirm that, but it seems logical)

after trying to roll back sensors and get the digitizer to a working state, I was unsuccessful. What did work for me though was resetting the PC the factory default (not a good solution, but it worked).

hopefully that information helps. I thought my pen broke, or my digitizer fizzled out. turns out the problem comes from yet another irresponsible update from windows ;)

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. LEXXIUS

LEXXIUS Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also using an HP Spectre x360 13-4158ng with the HP Pro Tablet Active Pen K8P73AA. I confirm the driver works right after installing it without rebooting.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.