Grimnir's Exhaustive T5010 Review

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Grimnir, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezcobar

ezcobar Pen Pal - Newbie

This was a great review. Thanks for taking the time. I am considering buying this machine NOW. Grimir, How can I PM you for help with discounts as u say in your signature? Please help as I am new to this site.

2. EnglishJohnny

EnglishJohnny Pen Pal - Newbie

Incredibly... I have some how managed to lose/delete/disable TabTip.exe and in doing, so I have lost all ability to utilise the Tablet PC Input function!

Can anybody advise me on how to rectify my stupid mistake? The system is looking for this file in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink

3. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

Thank you Ezcobar

English...are you getting an error at all? or did you on accident disable the Tablet PC features in Windows Features?

4. Vomeo1691

Vomeo1691 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey Grimnir, I was wondering if it was possible for you to do some kind of an 'update' review, if its not too much trouble.

Not quite as exhaustive as your first one, but I'd just like to know how the T5010 fares after a period of use...

Also, maybe a few hints for us potential buyers? I.e. 7200 rpm drive = too loud? What type of ram are you using? Any problems with Atheros?

Oh, and any regrets? Something I maybe should think about buying that you would have if you had the chance?

P.S. I'm thinking about upgrading my CPU myself, maybe after a year or so...what CPU do you recommend buying, the 2.8 or the base level 2.4?

5. duguyisheng

duguyisheng Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you know if the t5010 will accept a 3gb/sec drive if I upgrade or do I have to tone it down to 1.5 gb/sec sata drive?? Thanks

6. baseliner

baseliner Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

I've been told that I should post a follow up review. I may do so, I'm scrambling for some time.

Please post your questions here that you want addressed.

8. Upham

Upham Pen Pal - Newbie

Of the things you listed as annoyances, I'd say that the problem with the secondary landscape was not there on my T5010. I got the EU version from Germany.
    The latch on mine, do click when it snaps into slate mode.
    And the pen silo seems to not be a problem at all for me.
    So the biggest complaints are the speakers for me, though the horizontal scroll section lacking is a small one too, I guess.

Personally I think the machine itself is very good with few annoyances at all, but my biggest complaints are with the software. My machine was loaded with a good bit of annoying Windows programs, and trial version of Office. The fingerprint software didn't work properly, so I gave up on that.
    I did get the XP Tablet version on a disk though, but I figured I'd just stick with the Vista Business that was pre-installed.
    Looking back, I'm not sure if I wouldn't have been better off going with the XP Tablet, or atleast a fresh install of Vista Business.

Don't know if this was useful at all for you, though :)

9. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, 3gb/sec drives work. They run at 1.5gb/sec however.

10. Digimoto

Digimoto Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know which is the bluetooth module/card? Is accessable by taking off the bottom panel or is it somewhere else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.