Great Use for an iPad - Duet Display

Discussion in 'Apple/iOS' started by dstrauss, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I don't think TwoMon can connect between Android and iOS, only to PC or Mac. I haven't made any attempt so I could be wrong.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Sorry I wasn't clear - it is Android or iOS with Mac or PC - no cross-pollination.

3. Kumabjorn

Another nice little discovery. While it won't charge while connected to a PC and running DuetDisplay nor will it deplete. I just had a two hour session with it connected to my Surface, running five external monitors (who says a girl can't tinker?) just to see if it was possible (oh yeah) and the iPad was on 77% battery when connected and the same when disconnecting.

JoeS, Starlight5 and dstrauss like this.
  4. dstrauss

FIVE - wow - are you using displaylink with duet display? How are you getting that many screens running? That's not tinkering, that's major league engineering kiddo.

5. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

I took the plunge on the new IpadPro 10.5. Having been away from them since Ipad 2, I am loving the svelte nature of the device and the pen performance now.

Would love to see a ipad to ipad duet display which even supports drag and drop..... Courier! Then a nice leather case with pencil slot, (not elastic band) not between the screens though.

This should really happen. Do it Duet people!

I have also been looking for a good head to head pen reviews between nSP and IPadPro 10.5. Haven't seen any yet. I do not have a nSP. Then pen on the Ipad 10.5 is stunner, albeit would love to see new tip materials. Waiting on a screen protector, we'll see how that goes.

One more week of consideration before my return date. Or take the dive and be committed to apple squad for this evolution.

COGBABY likes this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Yeah, it is serious tinkering, but a lot of fun. The three regular screens are through the dock, two WQHD and one HD in portrait, the two first through miniDP and the portrait on USB. The fourth is an HD through Microsoft wireless and the fifth is the iPad on DuetDisplay driver. I can't even begin to describe the productivity enhancement. But I have a lot of reference material open for my research.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

dstrauss likes this.
  7. djas

djas Graffiti User

TwoMonUSB/Wifi works good between my S3 & GTA8SP. fyi

8. dstrauss

Take a picture and add it to our workspace thread - with a description of your workflow - you'll even blow @Mesosphere away with your NASA flight control setup!

9. Kumabjorn

The truth is that this is not my normal setup. It took 15 minutes to get out up and running, but I suppose if that was my standard setup it would be a little more instant. It was mostly fun to test if it was possible. Sometimes I wish I had a you-know-what so I could partake in those competitions.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

10. dstrauss

For me, the Pencil is the biggest disappointment. It is more precise than any other iOS writing device, but it is as noisy as hell (clicking hard plastic on glass every time you move the pen - which is really bad if you print more than cursive handwriting); the nib is far to hard and slippery on the glass surface; it is too tall and top heavy. Other than than that, it is about as good as the Surface Pro 3 purple top pen.