great new 4210, but 2 problems!

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gtsai2, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtsai2

gtsai2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my 4210 not too long ago, and have encountered some "problems"

1. When i plug my external harddrive into my old laptop, every once in a while, it'll have a popup saying "power surge on usb" or something like that...but if i put it into the t4210, the tablet shuts off completely without warning. It has done it 3 times already and doesn't give a warning like my old laptop.

2. I downloaded a klite codecs pack, but when i clicked on the .exe, the CMD pops up saying "Cannot load VDM IPX/SPX support...program too big to fit in memory" Any ideas?

THanks for the help

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The power surge issue would relate to the fact the external hard drive requires an insufficient power at required times.
    Your old laptop tolerated this requirement and gave the warning as such.
    The T4210 however does not tolerate this error and is shutting down.
    Why it should shut down however is a mystery.... It should simply refuse to allow the hard drive to work with the T4210.

Further investigation with Fujitsu should be sought.

3. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

I guess IPX isn't installed as a networking protocol...its really easy though...just find your wireless and wired connections (you gotta do it twice), in the network connections thing in the control panel...Right click -> properties...general tab: install, select IPX from the protocol list and then you are all set.

ALthough its kind of stupid that klite tries to use IPX...everthing is TCPIP these days... IPX is something that was popular like WAY back in the way im talkin circa 1995 LOL.

edit: i just reread your post...what are you doing using kazaa anyways thats just asking for trouble.

edit2: what type of external HD are you using and does it have an external power supply?

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where does gtsai2 mention this in his post!
    I can't see it anywhere....

5. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, new to the forum. gtsai2 is not using kazaa. He is using the codec pack for kazaa lite which does not require him to download any actual P2P programs. So i doubt IPX is the problem but not sure to be honest

6. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

lol why would you use the kilte codec pack?

VLC for the win!

yeah i realized i read the post completely wrong...just don't use the klite codec pack...vlc can play anything and everything.

7. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

My favorite is the Community Codec Pack. It's easy to setup, no ad-ware, and comes with ZoomPlayer, my favorite media player.

8. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Pen Pal - Newbie

I use codecs so i can encode/convert videos and watch them on my dvd/divx player:)

9. k3l0

k3l0 Pen Pal - Newbie

the IPX error may be caused by a corrupted download. At any rate, I'd get the CCCP or ffdshow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.