Graphic drivers for HD3200 under Windows XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by nagy_peter, Aug 10, 2008.

1. nagy_peter

nagy_peter Pen Pal - Newbie

Dear all,

can anybody please confirm the following behavior?
    I installed a clean Windows XP Tablet PC edition. Installed everything that I found in all the postings. Everything seem to run ok, except the graphic performance. I think, the drivers for HD3200 on XP just not work as they should. I have problems with flash in Fireworks, Photoshop performance is slow, it seems to me, like the XP is not using the full power of the graphic card.
    Am I right, or did I something wrong? I even installed the gigabite drivers - the south bridge did work, the driver not. Can somebody please help me? I am really desperate.

Thanks,

Peter

2. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

3. nagy_peter

thanks for advice, downloading and installing in 15 minutes.
    I will write the result once tested.
    Peter

4. nagy_peter

Ok, so I tried the drivers. It says, it did not find the proper hardware to install the drivers. I tried manually install things separately and I was able to install the South bridge. Then, from the device manager the Drivers for Graphic card. I do not know, how can I install the chipset. (which device need I update the driver) There is also the .NET, which is doing nothing when I try to install it.
    In that folder there is a DLL file, and a dat file, which I think, may be needed for the ati.
    anybody help?

Peter

5. miner

To install the GPU drivers use the Have disk method instead of just pointing it to the driver folder. As far as the chipset is concerned as long as you have SATA driver installed, its not critically necessary. The default ones should do fine. If it doesn't then try the catalyst drivers for motherboard/IGP from the AMD game website. There should also be drivers for the SB700 as well. Again, you might have to use the Have disk method to install the drivers.

6. nagy_peter

I tried what I could. The only result is, that the rotate button is not working again for me. It is getting worse:(
    Can you give me the exact links, what do you suggest to download and if manually install, then what for which device? Sorry to bothering you, but I am really desperate now.
    Peter

7. miner

I was suggesting downloading the catalyst display driver and the south bridge driver for XP Pro from here...
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/integratedip-xp

You can also download the Catalyst control center but you can do that once you verify if the new drivers work.

As far as the rotate button is concerned, I suppose you have tried the quick launch buttons drivers. Also when you uninstalled the gigabyte drivers, did you remove the catalyst control center as well or was that not updated. If the CC is present and you have the controls to turn the monitor around through the tray applet then its most likely a quick launch issue.

8. nagy_peter

Hi,

I have tried the 8.7 driver before and it always end up with Blue Screen of Death. I think, we must wait for the 8.8 drivers.
    Still I have the feeling, that the graphic card drivers are ok, but the chipset drivers are not. I think, there should be some AGP, or IGP slot. Sorry if I sound stupid, not so good in hardware.. Which chipset drivers shall I install?
    Thanks,

Peter