Got my r25, questions/problems

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by SpaceDust, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trav2003

trav2003 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have a link, or have it themself and would give it to me.

This is rediculous. the KB article says a patch exists and can be downloaded from microsoft, but yet they won't give it to you unless you pay and call them...

2. trav2003

You've got to be kidding me.

Is Microsoft INSANE!

There is a hotfix that *should* fix this problem (KB920295). They won't let you download, they say you must contact support.

I cannot even get to support without shelling out my CC number and paying $35.

This is absolutely REDICULOUS!

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I take it the link I gave in my last post did not work then for you?

4. trav2003

Thanks for the link, but no.

The japanese version wouldn't install.

I wound up shelling out the $35 with the assumption they won't charge me.

I would up chatting on some online chat with a customer service representative who basically said: Call this number.

I asked if I'd get charged, he sad no - but my credit card has already been charged.

If this is the way microsoft operates this is INSANE. They have a problem for their software, make a fix for it, but charge you $35 to even chat with someone to get it, and then when you do, they don't even give it to you. It's quite rediculous.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have to totally agree with you here....... and it is worth following up.

I don't want to hijack this thread trav so could you start a new topic in the General>Software section and title it something appropriate and we will see what kind of interest this may generate.

6. SpaceDust

SpaceDust Resident Geek

I would definitely check into this further if I were you, trav2003 - that *isn't* the way it normally works, especially if they tell you that they won't charge you for the instance (and my experience is that they don't charge you for something like this, where you have to talk to support to get access to a hotfix). Incidentally, you should be aware that if it's a hotfix that they aren't making generally available, it usually means that it either has the potential to be a problem for someone who doesn't really need it, OR it hasn't been thoroughly tested in circumstances where it wasn't needed. Otherwise it would be among the freely-available hotfixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.