Got my r25, questions/problems

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by SpaceDust, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trav2003

trav2003 Pen Pal - Newbie

which hotfix is it, there's a number of them listed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This is Microsofts article number that relates to the hotfix you are looking for.

3. trav2003

The site you linked too, at least at last check, doesn't have the hotfix corresponding to the article, the article you linked too doesn't appear to be the correct one.

4. trav2003

Anyone know where to get the patch? Can't find it anywhere.

5. P8RSON

The MS site I linked too does give you the hotfix number you need.
    All you then need do is go to the hotfix site I gave in the first query on this subject and download the appropriate hotfix.
    But to help you further, the hotfix number you need is KB923232
    Again, it's listed in the hotfix site I gave earlier... just look up KB923232..it's there.

Please read the posts carefully and now for further explanation see my above.

6. treedude

treedude Pen Pal - Newbie

WRT to your keyboard problem: I recommend bringing your laptop to the ASC and having them look at your laptop. Then have them order the keyboard, and take your laptop home with you.

The reason for this is that the ordering process for a new keyboard (unlike competent companies like Dell) takes upwards of 3 weeks. I had to have one replaced in the middle of my school year, and it was literally a month-long affair. But because the ASC let me take the laptop home with me, I just used an external keyboard and was not completely out of a laptop during this time.

I have to say I will ]NEVER buy another toshiba. I have dealt with all the major manufacturers, Dell, HP, Compaq (when they were indie) and IBM. No one company has ever treated me as badly as Toshiba. They are truly the worst for service. At least at Dell I could get a keyboard within a reasonable amount of time. Once I got one the next day. Toshiba doesn't even make it a user replaceable part, though it clearly is (or at least could be).

They wouldn't even recognize that I had bought a systemguard warranty, even though I bought it from their website. I even tried to register it after I got it, and they said it was registered all ready. Then low and behold when I call them, its not registered, they say I don't have one, and then they give me some OTHER number to call to register the warranty. Then I call that number, and they don't even know what I am talking about. Then they give me a different number, which I call, and they say they are registering my warranty but it will take 7 days. Meanwhile, I can't get service through Toshiba at all because of this. SO I bring my lappie to the ASC and my receipt for my warranty and they helped me out. They had to hold the laptop overnight to check it out, they ordered the part and then the 3 week waiting period began. I won't be calling Tosh again unless I absolutely have to.

My M7 is easily the least stable setup I have ever had. I have had more blue screens and random lockups (and I am not the only one...). This is partly because its a tablet and they tend to be a little less stable, but also I think because Toshiba doesn't put together a very good final product.

7. trav2003

The hotfix article KB923232 discribes a wake up from standby issue with dual core processors, this is not my problem. Theres a seperate KB article that describes my problem which does not correspond with a downloadable hotfix from the site you mentioned. That's why i'm confused.

If you're confident 923232 will work, I'll give it a try, it doesn't appear to be the correct hotfix.

8. P8RSON

I thought the slight freeze and the wakeup from standby were related to the same issue but I'm more than happy for someone else to jump in here and clarify.

All I want is to ensure trav2003 gets the right information.

9. trav2003

KB920295 is what I believe my problem is...

10. P8RSON

What.... 'The mouse pointer or pen pointer behavior is irregular in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005'!
    As in here.

I thought you were talking of screen freezes trav?

The only version I can find of this file at present is a this one.

Have you tried using 'Tabtip-Tamer'?
    You can read up on it and download from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.