Got my R1F :)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by alphaswift, Oct 22, 2006.

1. alphaswift

alphaswift Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not sure what more can be said Justin, check some other threads about this problem.

Plug in the headphones into the jack. With NOTHING playing in the headphones, you can hear some static/interference type noises most pronounced when the hard drive is spinning. At least for me, anyway.

As for the scratched stylus, there's a visible scratch on the side of the stylus. That I also can't make more clear for you. You'd have to agree that when inserting the stylus into it's holder, it's not the silkiest sound and feeling you'll ever experience.

Edit: Again, for anyone considering this tablet, it's highly recommended. It's just not perfect ;)

2. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I have a lot on my plate and I was asking you.... I don't like to go searching for stuff I don't have to, especially if I'm trying to help one person... but what you just said is enough for me to understand exactly what you mean. You're getting electrical interference... which you shouldn't be. I heard of that one other time on one model when a new chipset came out and it needed a driver update to fix, but it actually was fixable... now if everyone is having this problem, I'd say we need to make it apparent to Asus and see if it's a driver... if it's just you or a couple people, Asus would probably want to take a look. I know it'll probably be the same, but have you tried another set of headphones? I just want to get all the obvious stuff out of the way because I know Asus would ask it.

I don't know if I asked about how you insert the stylus or not.. but that I know.. I was talking about my own use... i'm used to inserting a stylus on the pocket pcs and other tablets and I do it a certain way..... this unit just has it set up a way that if it goes in any which way but how it was designed... no, it's not perfect... and I hear you there.

3. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

hey alphaswift, i checked Bloom Microtech's website and i didn't find them selling asus. could you tell me how u ordered it from them.

thanks a lot

4. alphaswift

The store is about a mile from my place, so I knew they had stuff in their store that wasn't on their website. I took a chance and gave them a call.

Ask for Harley.

5. alphaswift

More thoughts:

I am really happy with this system. I have a copy of OneNote and I'm really looking forward to using this system in the office. I think it's a little avant garde for a organization that still thinks e-mail is state-of-the-art, but it'll be a big help

At some point, I'll do a reinstall on this system, the wireless software hangs on shut down and while it's not a show stopper, it's annoying. Besides, Asus creates two usable partitions on the drive, and as everyone knows, that's just dumb. ;)

Hardware wise, the system is pretty much perfect. My comments above are really minor. The screen is nice, the 'graininess' due the tablet sensor is very minor. It's bright and pixel perfect. Everything else "Just Works"

If you're thinking about this system, go for it. Highly recommended.