Got a US R1F!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Loaf., Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ken Carlino author of Twistedbrush updates the program roughly weekly, adding new art sets and other new toys to play with.
    It's sometimes like having a new program each week to try out.

I will say it is expensive to purchase but in all honesty it is worth every penny/dime.

Ken has also has a very good and active forum.
    The links are here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, I'll head on over there. Expensive is a relative term........ some people would choke at the cost of a nice set of drawing supplies... but they're worth every penny. My parents couldn't imagine why a single wood pencil would cost $5 or more and why I'd need a dozen from the hardest to the softest........ when a box of #2's were a few bucks..... so you pay for what you get and what makes your life easier.

3. P8RSON

Fully agree.....
    I personally do not find it expensive but others have voiced their concerns.

However, those that have either do not feel the full force of the program or are not that open to artistic programs.

4. PROPortable

PROPortable Scribbler - Standard Member

When you said that I was thinking Photoshop or AutoCAD expensive... $150... that's a lot of money, but better than a shareware version that sucks.

5. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeh I totally agree. I already have sketchbook pro, which i use with my standard tablet, well worth the money, but will look into Twistedbrush as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jobbo

6. P8RSON

Just to add before we totally hijack what this thread is really about, it also has a 30 day trial.

Okay... I think we had better get back to the subject at hand.. the R1F :)

7. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

lol n yeh theres a free version too, which i just tried n was freakin decent!

N i will be using on my R1F when i get it ;)

AND THE R1F WILL REPLACE ALL PAPER IN THE UNIVERSE MWHAHAHHAHAHA...HAHAHA...hehehe...*cough, splutter, fart*...heh......... VICTORY!!!! *raises arm in the air*

Ok i'll calm down now.

Jobbo

8. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Scribbler - Standard Member

Indeed, I've already done away with my paper notebook and binder - all I carry now is one of those manila folders with a few sheets of loose-leaf for tests. Everything else has been digitized: scanned notes, textbooks (that took forever, but worth it), can do all my linear algebra , calc, circuit design etc. so nicely with the tablet.

9. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

is the 2gb recovery partition even necessary? doesnt the r1f comes with all the included programs and windows on cd/dvds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.