Google Loses in Samsung vs. Apple Lawsuit Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Ed Hardy, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. jagger

jagger Pen Pal - Newbie

I think Samsung should pay for the licence of the "zoom in and out" feature because thats the probably best way to zoom in pictures. anything other than that should deemed a slight hassle to zoom in pictures.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

Apple's patent pricing is based on the concept of 'it's too much' to pay. The pricing $20-30 per device is designed to make companies move from Android to something else. I'll tell you right now, MS's Windows mobile is priced at under $30. Companies are willing to pay $15 to MS (also extortion for only 4 patents when an entire OS can be had for the same or slightly more) because it comes with some guarantees.

Sony (Ericsson) was terrified of the pinch to zoom and tap to 'fit' the webpages in a browser when they came out with the X10 in the US. They used long press and +/- buttons on the screen. These and many other gestures should not be patentable or be made FRAND types where the royalty is in pennies.

4. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

What do you think of the Groklaw article that says it's all going to be tossed out eventually?

5. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

Stan, I think that's wishful thinking on the part of Mr. Groklaw. Yes, there is going to be an appeal, but I doubt it will overturn the entire results of this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.