Goodbye R1F, Asus, Hello Refund

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Vandyu, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Pen Pal - Newbie

Just a quick post to say thanks to all the good people on this forum for their advice and sympathy/empathy over the past 7 months of torture that has been owning an R1f and dealing with Asus UK.

Having been sold a €1700 faulty product, having it smashed by the repair company, robbed by the same people, deprived of my laptop for almost 4 months, run up a phonebill the size of a mortgage, been lied to, laughed at, told I had no rights as a consumer, ignored and generally treated like scum Asus are finally refunding the entire sum paid for the tablet (but not bills, loss of earnings etc). For the full saga if people dont know see my previous posts and threads.

I just wanted to state to everyone on this forum (member or visitor) that if they are still having problems with their R1f to demand a full refund when Asus fail to solve the problem. You are entitled to a FULLY working product and do not have to accept ANYTHING less. This applies as long as the product is in warranty.

If anyone is still in doubt that the R1f has battery issues (this includes but is not limited to Collegy who on another forum called me a liar and an anti-Asus conspirator) let me tell you straight off that the issue was admitted to me by management in Asus 1 month ago. Yes they do know there is a serious problem but it is Asus Taiwan upper level management who are not responding to their own people's requests for a resolution. I wont name the person who said it publically as I dont want this person getting sacked.

This little fact is important for 1 simple reason. It means that Asus are continuing to sell product to the consumer that they know is likely to be faulty out of the box. This is illegal.

If I managed to get a refund then so can you. You dont have to sit there and take the excuses of Asus or endless replacment parts. You can have your hard-earned money back and get a working laptop (Asus or otherwise).

So thanks again and I wish everyone here the best of luck with their tablets and hope (fingers crossed) that it all works out well for you all one way or the other.

Slán leat agus go raibh míle maith agat.

2. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

Congratulations on your refund. I am happy for you that it was all finally resolved.

Do you know if anything happened to the repair company?

3. djslats001

djslats001 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,
    I have had a similar experience with Asus in Australia - basically they are a pack of deceitful con-artists with no respect for their customers - I was wondering if you could email me the details of how you got your refund - I am hitting constant brick walls here! Thanks A million
    Dave

4. w1nter

w1nter Pen Pal - Newbie

I suggest you contact the Department of Fairtrading and see who they can point you to

5. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

My experience has been that ASUS did sell me a faulty product but that it was repaired fully and under warranty. When I phoned ASUS Holland aobut the battery issue several months back they too claimed to know nothing about a battery issue. This might have changed now I haven't checked.

Unfortunatly companies affraid of big bills do these sorts of things. This is not limited to ASUS. I know horror stories about ACER on warranty issues that makes this pale in comparison. That does not make this any better of course.

6. *dns

*dns Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anybody think it is possible to get a refund just because of the static issue. That is something they obviously won't be able to fix...

7. chinesefireball121

chinesefireball121 Scribbler - Standard Member

It should theoretically be possiblem to get a refund - but why is it so obvious that they won't be able to fix it?

8. jhs

jhs Pen Pal - Newbie

I think someone at the R1F audio thread mentioned that the audio problem may be a hardware issue (grounding issue, to be specific).

If this is indeed a grounding problem, then it may be a design issue (rather than just simply changing the audio component). Perhaps this is why Asus is avoiding admitting to the problem. Because if they do, then a a recall to fix the problem would be too costly to Asus.

9. Vandyu

Vandyu Pen Pal - Newbie

I wasn't aware of your nightmare. Guess I can scratch Asus off my list of manufacturers. I just don't need the headaches of buying faulty equipment. Thanks for posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.