Goodbye Dell

Discussion in 'Dell' started by greatg, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, my frustrations have gotten the best of me. I've been dealing with Dell customer support since December 2013, trying to get a stylus that works. As many of us, I've been told that a new stylus is being developed and that it should be available by mid March. Well, from the sounds of things, it would appear that the "new" stylus is just a refurb and many of the initial problems still exist.

For me, the use of the stylus with the V8P was essential and without one I have no use for the tablet. I suppose what pushed me over the edge was the VERY POOR customer support and knowledge that I received from DELL. It was pitiful!!

I hope that Dell reads these posts, because I've purchased the Asus Vivotab Note 8 and I'm very pleased with the integrated Wacom pen. This is how the VP8 should have been!

Sorry, Dell. You just lost another one!

2. jyan_osu

jyan_osu Scribbler - Standard Member

3. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

5. kekinash

kekinash Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I did sell my Venue after dealing with the stylus issues a few weeks ago, but didn't feel the need to open a new thread here or somewhere else or said it aloud, but I understand your frustration. I'm using a Surface Pro, old one, and quite happy with it. The stylus is another league.

6. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The Surface seems to be so well manufactured! If only the Surface Pro 2 wasn't 2x the cost of my full, well-apportioned laptop (granted, I got it as a doorbuster, but still).

7. kekinash

kekinash Pen Pal - Newbie

I paid for the old one 600, 200 more than the venue 8 after buying the stylus, the cover and the micro usb to usb adapter. For 200 more I got a i5 at 2.8gz max, 4gb ram, 128gb ssd, 64 bit windows 8 pro, a great working stylus and a screen resolution of 1900x1080, and a full usb 3 port, in my opinion worth the price. I lost the 8 inch screen mobility, but I rather like the 10.6 surface pro inch screen.

Anyway the Venue 8 was a great tablet, only the pen issue was so so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.