Good news with my M400s

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by kensei, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry I have not been around of sorts I have been overloaded with assignments.

Most of you lot had read some of my posts and the tread I created because of Toshiba, send it back to them with the Memory Stick with videos showing that it does work, then asked them for a RAM upgrade and Vista. Got a phone and asked them again and they said they dont make the software well duh, anyway he offered an extra 512MB of RAM and since the Memory Stick still wouldnt work and the stick is fine he said that he would send me a Toshiba SD 512MB, so got it back with the gifts Toshiba gived me and a few days and dust under the screen so I email the man that was dealing with me and a week later he phone me, and asked how bad is the dust and I told him, he then said that if it gets any worst and I want it to be cleaned again they will do it, I also thanked him for the gifts and his help.

2. FGLRXandYou

FGLRXandYou Pen Pal - Newbie

ReadyBoost does not give you extra Ram, it just caches things that get opened frequently. You'd be better off with 4 gb of RAM than 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of readyboost/boot SD stick. Ram is just.. faster.

Honestly ReadyBoost is stupid, so long as you have a lot of RAM. ReadyBoot rules, but really is best when you have a hybrid SS/H DD...

3. everythingblogcast

Firstly I got the M400 last year so no Windows Vista on it so no ReadtBoost. I know where you are coming from but this thread is to let everyone know that the problems I had with the M400s and Toshiba are sorted.

4. kensei

kensei Scribbler - Standard Member

Good to hear that everything is coming along well with your M400.

5. everythingblogcast

Yeah but dust gets under in all the time, but Toshiba are willng to clean it, if it gets too bad. Maybe in September I will sent it in.

6. kensei

kensei Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm getting mine sent in soon too.

I wonder if I can convince to put a small amount of elmers glue around the edges to provide a seal.

It dries into a gel, and is easy to lift off.