GOOD NEWS - 64 GB SDXC MicroSD cards work.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John566, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

I did have to reformat my disk, lost the data but I reformatted to NTFS and haven't had major problems since. It still unmounts occasionally and when that happens I need to pull it out and put it back in and then everything works fine afterwards. Think that I will not keep any documents or files open when I put it to sleep. I think it was initially formatted to exFat format.

2. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

Well it happened again, lost all the data on the disk. Gawds this is frustrating. I've been so careful not to sleep the computer unless all the files on the drive were closed. I have no clue why the flash drive unmounts and becomes useless until I reformat the disk. Scandisk says no disk exists, and the Windows drive manager just freezes if I have the disk in the slot, and recovers if I pull out the disk. I tried using FileScavanger to recover some of the files, and it says that no disk exists. I don't know if it's a driver, computer, disk, user error. I don't know how to begin trying to find the cause of this. Any ideas? For the people that are having good results are you using the Kingmax MicroSDXC 64GB card?

3. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone tried one of the Sandisk Ultra Mobile 64gb microSDXC cards? I just bought one but have not had a chance to use it....

So far, I've only heard mentioned the Kingmax cards.....I'm wondering if it's a card issue and not the S7S?

4. Marciano

Marciano Pen Pal - Newbie

rangerb3, have you received the mHDMI-VGA adapter? Does it actually work on the s7s? The Samsung web site only lists the Series 9 laptops under "works great with"... The possible issue is that mHDMI (as opposed to HDMI) may *not* carry the analog signal that VGA needs.

5. Coyote

Coyote Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you tried this yet?

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Has anyone tried one of the Sandisk Ultra Mobile 64gb microSDXC cards?..>>

...This may not be relevant, but I use a Sandisk Ultra Mobile 32GB microSDHC card, and so far it hasn't given me any trouble at all...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  7. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I have tried the Series 9 VGA adapter, and it works perfectly, as mentioned in another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.