GOOD NEWS - 64 GB SDXC MicroSD cards work.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by John566, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrismrea

chrismrea Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm full to 41.7 gigs and data seems to be intact

2. webdev511

webdev511 Pen Pal - Newbie

SDXC is why Toshiba wasn't keen on all new production lines for blue laser optical storage. Storage size and transfer speeds are way better than optical. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next gen Xbox use SDXC for game distro. That sure would be one way to ramp up demand and drop prices. :D

3. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

I think I'm going to change my vote on this one. Yesterday my card randomly unmounted and became unreadable. A Scan Disk fixed it with a few lost files. Today it happened again and Scan Disk can't fix it. Scan Disk reports that there isn't enough space, and I see several gigabytes of FILE0011.CHK type files. I lost about 10 hours of work. Little upset about it, and not sure what to do.

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Bumped up for reference purposes...

5. RocketBoots

RocketBoots Pen Pal - Newbie

Are your cards still working properly?

6. rangerb3

rangerb3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm very interested in this thread since my S7S has only 31gb free from the 128gb SSD. I'm wanting to get a 64gb SDXC card but read the reviews on Amazon that others are having the same issues with their cards! I would usually load only non-essential information to that card but, I guess it would become essential if the information became inaccessable!!!

Too bad, I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Amazon order I've been putting together for the last couple of days! I sure would have liked to include the KingMax 64gb card!

7. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

@jasoncli sorry to hear the bad news. How did you each format yours? exFat (sometimes called FAT64), NTFS, or not formatted?

8. rangerb3

How can an SDXC class "6" be faster than a SDHC at class 10?

I think for me, the 64gb at current Amazon price of $182 is too much! The 32 SDHC, class 10 is only $48 bucks...That's more reasonable! This equates to $2.85 per gb vs. the more reasonable $1.5 for the 32GB! I'll use the 32 in a camera and wait for the 64 sdxc to go lower!

Update:
    I may regret not ordering the 64GB but, I went ahead and ordered the 32GB SDHC, class 10 from Amazon along with the Samsung mHDMI to VGA adapter, mHDMI to HDMI adapter and a male to male HDMI to DVI 3 ft cable for those times that I may need to connect to a DVI monitor!

9. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

A class 4 SDHC can be faster than a class 10 SDHC. The class # just refers to a minimum transfer rate in MB/s so in reality it can be higher than rated.

10. rangerb3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.