Good, minimalist case for Lifebook 4220?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by nwflyboy, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwflyboy

nwflyboy Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a new 4220 and am looking for a minimalist "sleeve" type case for it. Neoprene or something similar, just something that I can put it in while going about to protect it from scuffs and scratches. I'm looking for a basic, slightly padded, no-frills "sleeve" that I can slip it into; I'll then put THAT into my regular backpack/attache case, so it doesn't necessarily need handles (small handle OK though). No need for extra pockets, pouches, etc. But I'd like it to fit well (i.e. snug).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

I can't find a basic neoprene sleeve at all =( I suppose the convertible bump case fits well and has no pockets - but it also doesn't cover the ports :x But then it's also chunky.

3. Typic

Typic Pen Pal - Newbie

4. nwflyboy

Well I went ahead and ordered one of the WaterField sleeve cases. Not cheap by any stretch but they sound like they're well-made. I'll post my impressions one it arrives.

Thanks for the pointer.

5. nwflyboy

Got my Waterfield sleeve yesterday (ordered Thursday afternoon, arrived Saturday). Very well made product. Fit's perfectly - it's snug so the tablet won't move around, but not so tight that getting it in or out is a struggle. There's a handy little loop on the bottom of the case exterior that you can use to pull against while you extract the tablet. Soft neoprene on the inside, I can feel no seams or rough spots that might eventually scuff the tablet. Nylon exterior, looks like it'll keep the rain out well. Very nice fit & finish - no rough spots or ugly little ends of a seam, etc. It is a little thicker and heavier than I had expected, but not excessively so (I guess it would be possible to make it really minimal if it was just the inner neoprene layer, but the way it comes is much more presentable and practical). I got mine with the extra flap covering the opening, and D-rings so I can attach a shoulder strap if I want to (these items are extra). I like the fact that you can get it any way you want (add the options and pay per feature). A little spendy, but it seems very solid, well made, and high quality throughout, so I don't mind the cost. I'd definitely buy stuff from these guys again without any worry. A big thumbs up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.