Good idea to buy Tx200z?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mathiewannabe, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mathiewannabe

mathiewannabe Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, i've been pondering about buying tx2500z, and they cost around $1200.
    For tx2000z, i can save $200.

Is there a lot of difference between these two?

I understand that processors and graphics card is the only difference; so i'm guessing there's no difference in recognizing handwritten texts between these two models?

I'm planning to use tablet pc just for taking down and organizing notes, and also for web surfing and occasional gaming- like starcraft.; or maybe even starcraft 2 when it comes out.

Oh, and is the heat really a major problem in tx2000z?

2. cjaydb

cjaydb Pen Pal - Newbie

Eh, if you're lookin' to play starcraft 2 or any newer games than starcraft, go with the TX25XX series. The pre-built TX2510us from HP should suffice most users out there, unless you really want that unnoticeable extra speed boost (.1Ghz) and a bigger hard drive then the 250gb that the pre-built already comes with. The newer TX will run Vista smoother as well thanks to the new card.

3. ziger

ziger Pen Pal - Newbie

I was considering buying the tx2000, but when they ran the coupon for the $500 off there was no way I could resist buying the tx2500 (a "maxed" out version was less than what Circuit City was selling the tx2000 at the time!) HP is running a similar promotion now, so I would honestly go for the tx2500 (maybe this is what you are planning on anyways). I think for $200 extra it is more than worth it to get the upgraded/updated model! I don't think you can go wrong for the price!!

4. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

I owned a tx2000z (fully maxed out specs) for the full 21-day period and returned it to upgrade to the tx2500z (also fully maxed) and I can honestly say I'm so glad I did. I got the $500 off coupon, but even if I didn't, its definitely worth the upgrade. If you plan to do anything graphically intensive at all (e.g. casual gaming, videos, etc.), the new ATI HD 3200 graphics in the tx2500z absolutely smoke the NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150 in the tx2000z. Its a very noticably better experience. There is a $400 dollar coupon running right now, so I'd highly suggest getting the tx2500 when they are running a promotion (like they do every couple months or so) - you won't regret it at all. If you don't do anything that needs the graphic boost, the performance boost from the new processor is just barely recognizable and battery life and heat output are also just slightly improved. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

5. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

6. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Sign up at live.com (legit microsoft thing) and then search for this tablet on the live.com search bar. It gives u either 20%, 25% or 30% cash back with a max of $250 when you buy it on ebay and pay with paypal.

7. mathiewannabe

i live in canada so i dont think i can get that deal

8. mathiewannabe

9. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

I thought there were shipping services that would accept a package south of the border then ship it up to you in Canada... if not, I have a business venture I should invest in ;)