Good Game Controller?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Genjinaro, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

That dpad + design is patented by nintendo, that's why you never see it on other devices!

2. Genjinaro

Genjinaro Wireless Addict

I have :D

[​IMG]

3. A30N

A30N Technologist

I only do black. It's awesome because I never have to worry about matching socks, shoes, shirt, laptop, hairdo, etc.

Looks like my Logitech controller will arrive on my doorstep either Saturday (hopefully!) or Monday. I've got my dremel tool primed and ready for the surgery required to properly mate keypad and gamepad into an unholy fusion of controller awesomeness.

It really is too bad Microsoft never released ChatPad drivers for Windows. It would be have been the third time in my entire life that I accepted an all-white electronics device (#1 being the Super-Nintendo, #2 being the DreamCast).

4. Genjinaro

Genjinaro Wireless Addict

LMAO, Touche!:p

Hopefully your setup plays nice. Review it.

5. A30N

A30N Technologist

Only if it works well! Otherwise I'll sulk in obscurity until a replacement is purchased and arrives on my doorstep...

6. kingofmyworld324

Lol I actually have that controller. Notice that the tips of the + are rounded. Nintendo has flat ends. I guess madcatz got away with it because they are just a 3rd party.

7. A30N

A30N Technologist

Here it is - the unholy union of a Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 and a Generic Wireless PS3 Thumbpad! Didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but better than I expected:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kingofmyworld324

wait, how are they connected?

9. A30N

A30N Technologist

First, I took the Thumbpad apart. I then carved out two grooves on the side for the grips and two grooves in the center for the joysticks with a rotary tool. Finally, I tapped three small holes in the controller, screwed the bottom half of the thumbpad to the controller, then assembled the rest of the thumbpad on top. It's strong enough that I can pick up the controller by the thumbpad and shake it vigorously without it flexing even slightly.