Going back to Windows 7

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by lawrencegoodman, May 4, 2020.

1. lawrencegoodman

lawrencegoodman Pen Pal - Newbie

I much prefer the Windows 7 method of turning handwriting into text. I have no idea why Microsoft changed it because the current inkpad is much harder to use.

So I want to buy a cheap computer just for handwriting except it's very hard to find one with Windows 7. I am wondering about rolling back a computer to Windows 7. I've read it's very tricky once the upgrade has been done.

Does anyone know the best way to do this or the best computer to buy to ensure this is possible?

Thank you very much.

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

given that Microsoft no longer supports or rolls out security updates for 7 anymore, its also a little risky. That said I currently still have 7 on my T902 and it still runs great. I haven't tried rolling back though, not sure how that would work... there are communities who are obsessed with building really clean pirated installs of old windows versions, I remember I found them when I was trying to figure out how to get rid of all the under the hood bloat in 7... they might be able to help you roll back since OS is their specialty. Issue is I cant for the life of me remember the forums name.. it was a community of mostly PC enthusiasts and pirates but I just tried to search and couldn't find them. sorry, but I bet you these guys could help:: https://www.sevenforums.com/