GoBinder/OneNote

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by caeci11ius, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

Hi folks,

I'm expecting my new Fujitsu T4210 tomorrow and am wondering which program is best for taking notes at uni? Keep in mind that I currently use Outlook for email/calendar/contacts and have absolutely no interest in changing that, particularly as I keep it synchronised with my Sony Ericsson mobile phone...

Are there things that one program does better than the other? I won't be scanning whole textbooks or anything, though I may want to take chapters out of them once in a while...if I do this it will probably be done with a digital camera...I probably won't even bother to OCR it as I doubt i'll get sufficient accuracy...I do want to be able to annotate them though.

The main thing i'm looking to do is get rid of all my note books and keep notes better organised...

Suggestions?

(Also, anyone who wants to tell me other useful things you can do with a tablet in an educational context is quite welcome to. Keep in mind that i'm not the sort of person who's gonna be going to huge amounts of trouble for any of these...I didn't get a tablet to have more work to do, and I'm not about to deface any of my textbooks/cut off bindings to get them scanned etc)...

2. nfwolfpryde

nfwolfpryde Scribbler - Standard Member

I like MS OneNote, and I'd look into TEO 3.0 for your Outlook stuff. It's a great piece of software.

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

OneNote can be downloaded with a 60 day trial but if you feel you will not purchase it you can always try the freely available 'Evernote' or it's slightly bigger brother and payable 'Evernote Plus'.
    See here for links.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could also consider Agilix GoBinder. It is a great note/organization application for University students. Go here: http://www.gobinder.com

5. P8RSON

MS include GoBinder Lite free with the Education Pack.

6. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

Fujitsu T4210 comes with a full version of MS OneNote on it. You should look at www.studenttabletpc.com for some more info on using your tablet in school.

7. P8RSON

Only for the US & Canadian market.
    The European market who sell the T4210 under the Fujitsu Siemens name do not include this with the tablet.

8. ahamilton55

ahamilton55 Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting and thanks for telling me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.