Given past release patterns, when is the T4230 likely to come out?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by nexus, Mar 10, 2008.

1. nexus

nexus Pen Pal - Newbie

The T4220 was released around July of 2007, correct? What about the T4215 and T4210? It's been around 9 months since this line was refreshed so a new model is certainly due. Is the $100 discount from Fujitsu a sign that this is coming soon?

Does anyone have more insight into a T4230 release date?

(I am especially interested because I desperately need a new computer but I really want to wait for an updated Fujitsu)

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

A possible T4225 or T4230 release date, based on previous releases, would probably be during June 2008. This is based on looking at the T4210 and T4220 release dates which were June 7th 2006 and June 1st 2007 -- first units of the T4220 didn't ship until near the end of June/early July --, respectively. The T4215 was the exception to this, when it was released November 6th, 2006 -- an upgrade to the Intel Core 2 Duo and XGA and SXGA+ display consumer availability, up from the T4210's Intel Core Duo and XGA-only offering.

The $100 off promotion is a good sign that Fujitsu is clearing stock of T4220's, but my guess is that it will come out June 2008 (again, looking at previous releases). The next model release may also be influenced by the upcoming Montevina (Centrino 2) platform that is expected to be released during the week of June 3rd. Thus, Fujitsu may announce the next model, and general availability will occur either during that month or the following month.

3. Loaf.

Loaf. Scribbler - Standard Member

What about the T2010?

The biggest question to me is whether or not this next refresh is really worth it. It doesn't seem like there is much of a change from the current platform, the refresh afterwards in '09 when the new architecture is out should be really interesting though. I think I may just get a cheap "refurbed" T2010 from the fujitsu ebay store and unload in '09 if the new architecture is as awesome as I hope it to be.

4. Freeman

Freeman Scribbler - Standard Member

Personally I don't think PC maker have release new laptop/desktop base on the calendar cycle, they usually release base on new hardware, specifically chipset, CPU and graphics. The are are minor upgrade, as they can do upgrade on current model. Again, that's just my personal opinion.

5. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

T4225 should be coming out soon, since based on past trends this would just be a Penryn upgrade to the T4220. But I have a feeling they might skip it and just go straight for T4230 with Montevina, since its release is slated not long after. I am also hoping that the delay is due to them planning some major updates to the platform (this is just a personal wish, and not based on any existing info).

I personally won't expect any new releases or updates until June though.

6. incomprehensible

incomprehensible T4220 Owner

Same here. The summer is also "buy a laptop for college/university" time, not to mention there is a shortage of Penryns right now so I guess Fujitsu decided to skip the Refresh and go straight to Montevina.

Another explanation: Tablet PCs are always behind in terms of hardware, so the Refresh is simply coming late. But hopefully not

7. SimsHsia

I think it follows what everyone else is replying here, the T2020 (T2015, T2100, or whatever the next model number is) will be heavily influenced by when the Montevina (Centrino 2) platform is released -- another is, as incomprehensible states, that the Tablet PC market is usually the last markets to upgrade to new hardware. Perhaps there will be a promotion for the T2010 after the T4220 $100 off promotion ends this Friday.

8. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There won't be a new T2010 in the near future (a few months), simply because Intel releases ULV processors very late. And the T2010 uses these ULV C2D processors.

Intel plans to release ULV Penryn in the third quarter. So we have to expect an "updated" T2010 in the fourth quarter.

But Fujitsu already announced an updated T2010, with WWAN ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. Rommie2k6

Rommie2k6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if we should expect a refresh model or a new model this Summer?

My gripes with Fujitsu so far is:
    1) T2010 uses a ULV CPU, but the battery life is good.
    2) T4220 battery life is insufficient at only 4-5hr; I need 6hr battery life on a single battery which only my TC4400 and Lenovo X61T can provide.

So can one expect a new model that will make improvements in this area?

10. SimsHsia

Only time and Fujitsu will tell/announce if the successor model to the T4220 will come out (or any other tablet).